strings I can't translate

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues strings I can't translate

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Diana, have you found a solution? I really need one. Could it help if you reinstall languages or update/reset, whatever? Do you need my credentials?
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Dear Diana, How are you getting on with the translation of my strings? You don't need to translate them, just create it so that I can translate them. Because I couldn't find some strings and other were already translated but not visible on the site.. Kind regards, Gijs
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Dear Diana, Tomorrow is the final day that I can work on my new website before it goes live on the 22nd. Did you have the chance to fix my translation strings? You don't have to translate them, but if you need to to check if they work again you can change them all to VEGHEL. I'll search for VEGHEL and change them to the correct Dutch words. Thanks! string one string two string three string four string five string six string seven string eight string nine string ten string eleven string twelve
    Diana
    Participant
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Hi Diana, I just downloaded both local and global translation files of the theme WPLMS (NOT MeesterGijs, childtheme!) and plugin Vibe Course Module. Should I also do the same for childtheme?
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This is my ftp, does that help for you?
    Diana
    Participant
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This was so satifying. It took me like 30 minutes but all strings are translated. I copied the local file and saved it as a global file. What should I do next time there are language updates? sync and save local? Than synx global. And then I'm good to go to add new translations? Btw> I think the magic that you worked has to be done for these translations as well. Especially with the checkout form and submit button. See screenshot
    Diana
    Participant
    @meestergijs I suggest you keep both the files on your site(Local and Global Language File). As I told you in one of my replies that, you have to update the pot file on your site https://help.wprentals.org/article/how-to-update-the-po-translation-after-a-theme-update/ When I checked the pot file of vibe course module on your setup yesterday. At that time I can see only 800 something strings stored in the pot file. But on my setup, I have 1000+ strings in my pot files. This is the main issue behind the translations that it is not reflecting changes. Step 1 Whenever you are going to translate a new plugin first create a local language file if you don't have any in your language after translating all the strings in that file. Copy all those translations in the Global Language File. Then your translations will reflect on your site. Step 2 After doing the above step if still, the translations are not reflecting then try hit on sync and then save. Check again. Step 3 If still, you face any issue, this simply means the pot file is not updated. So you have to open the pot file in the po editor. Do not copy the pot file anywhere and then update because this is not a correct step. You have to open the pot file in the po edit within the folder. Then again follow step 1 This conversation here is already so long. So I am closing this topic. Please create a new topic and share the issue there  
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘strings I can't translate’ is closed to new replies.