Students can see curriculum details of other course and forum issues

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Students can see curriculum details of other course and forum issues

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ljdl
    Participant
    Hi guys, Couple of questions for you: 1) My workflow will involve manually adding students to courses. I'm testing this right now. I have two courses, let's call them course a and course b. I have a private forum on course b, but not on course a. But when I add and link students to course a, they can see a "FORUM" link next to their HOME link. This forum link takes them to a blank screen. Can I remove the forum link in course a somehow? 2) If my course a student clicks into course b, they can open the Details links in the curriculum. I like showing the curriculum to students, but I don't want them to see the details. Is there any way to not show students from other courses the details? 3) I want every student enrolled in course b to have easy access to the private forum for course b. However, as I'm dealing with teenagers, I need to be able to check and approve every comment before it goes live. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks so much in advance.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... 1) If there is no forum connected to the course then no forum link is shown in the course menu, refer: http://prntscr.com/fxmmhd I am not sure how are you seeing a forum link in there, there must be a forum connected to the course or may be some garbage value present there. You can edit the course and check if there is some forum connected to it or not, if yes then remove it or simply save it again. Also you can enable the course forum privacy setting from the lms settings, this doesn't allow users from another course to access the forum of another course. 2) Yes, you can edit the course and in course setting disable the setting "full course in curriculum". 3) The forums are not controlled by wplms, its a bbpress forum. The bbpress doesn't have any such setting to restrict every user reply on the forum topic.
    ljdl
    Participant
    Thanks guys - you're always very helpful. I tried your suggestions and they worked well. I also found a plugin that might help me with the moderation issue. I will let you know how it goes in case it helps someone else.   https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpressmoderation/    
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the update.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Students can see curriculum details of other course and forum issues’ is closed to new replies.