students cannot access course, dashboard, group, …

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues students cannot access course, dashboard, group, …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    Hello, I have created my first course and two student accounts for friends to test it. Luckily I tested their access before sending them the login credentials. The following things happen:
    1. after logging in they are directed to the start page of my blog.

2. They cannot access any of the links in this dropdown menu:

All these links will send them to the blog again.

1. When they go to the course by typing the URL into the browser they can see the course description. When they click on "continue course" they are sent to the course status page. Upon clicking "continue course" on that page they are send back to the course description page. There is no way to actually enter the course. This mistake is quite new. It came up after I found this in the documentation about the 404 page coming up (which happened yesterday) and applied it: "First check your course status page is set or not from wp-admin > settings > Buddypress > Pages. If page is set then go to settings > permalinks > click on save permalinks. Sometimes redirection of a page on 404 occur due to permalinks."  In my case the "all courses"-page was being set instead of the "course status"-page . Once I changed that the circle in point 3 started. And even though I changed it back I cannot get out of that circle. For the moment I have disabled my cache plugin and the WPLMS cache, but that also doesn't help to stop that circle. I also deleted browser history and tried several browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) without success.
    I am slightly desperate now as I have already spend many hours on the settings of the theme and plugins. I deactivated all third party plugins – that didn't change anything. I even deleted and reinstalled the theme and all of its plugins without success. I finally want to focus on creating and selling courses instead of solving theme issues. Thanks for your support, Wiebke
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    For some reason the screenshot got lost in the post and the numbering is weird. Here is the screenshot again:  
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    Hello, I fixed all issues and you can consider this ticket closed. The reason was that the members-page was not created during the setup and thus the links wouldn't work. I did run the setup wizard, created the pages again and skipped all other steps. Some pages are duplicate now but that's an easy to solve issue. Best wishes, Wiebke
    Diana
    Participant
    @wiebkewetzel That's Great...!! You able to resolve it yourself and posted the solution for others as well Thanks for confirming. Closing the ticket
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘students cannot access course, dashboard, group, …’ is closed to new replies.