Students' names showing to the public when set to private

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Students' names showing to the public when set to private

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kingdomtwplms
    Spectator
    I've noticed that when the student submit a review, their name is visible to the public when hovering over the comment, even if it is set to private on their profile. How do I keep their names from appearing on the review? https://prnt.sc/iqpoqd
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Well this is the buddypress setting and the name visible to the public when hover on comment is done by wordpress itself. So the name can not be hidden.
    kingdomtwplms
    Spectator
    So, you're saying there is no way to fix it? That's kind of a big privacy issue.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well buddypress has this setting to hide the name but wordpress's comment system does not recognize it and it shows name of the user in comments listing. If you want to hide it then please try adding this custom css in your wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> custom css : .show_course_reviews ol.reviewlist.commentlist .comment-meta a:first-child{display:none;}  
    kingdomtwplms
    Spectator
    I added that code and it still shows up. It removes the date, but not the name. Even if this works, the privacy issue still remains because it would be easy for anyone to go into the code and unhide them. Is there a wordpress plugin that will keep the names private as well?
    kingdomtwplms
    Spectator
    Another solution might be to force the display name to be the username. Is there a way to do that?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well then only solution is to overwrite the comment template file "course-review.php" with the help of child theme which we can do under paid customization .Let me know if you are interested in it . Otherwise I can give another css to hide the name ,just share me your course url and admin credentials . OR we can remove that whole name  html using javascript .    
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Students' names showing to the public when set to private’ is closed to new replies.