System Related Reports – Administrator Only

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting System Related Reports – Administrator Only

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sohohosts
    Participant
    In a company/organisation it is important for the management to monitor, between any two dates (usually a fiscal year), as to how many students completed courses etc. I am wondering if something like a download facility like we have in course admin, with a few extra fields like, course name or maybe another couple can be made available. It seems that the LMS Statistics does not really provide any useful information. If the LMS Statistics - Download Stats could have a filter between two dates it would be a lot more meaningful.   Also if there were other fields in the data like date started/completed/ perhaps some other identifier as it is possible to have more than one person with the same name.   So ideally we could have a down loader like in course admin with additional filter for between dates, some additional fields like course name, Student ID or other attributes from the extended profile etc. Personally I think the only weakness in the system is the reporting. Please advise how this can be improved even if it means an SQL query that we can run on the db and then save to a spreadsheet.
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes, you are right. we have to modify the statistics to be more functional This is the File where all statistics related code is written plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/statistics.php and the date is already recorded in the database so you can fetch the results according to that For the CSV, you have to check how to read a file in PHP and then convert it to CSV
    sohohosts
    Participant
    Hi, Thank You for your help. I have gone down memory lane to about 30 years ago, the last time I wrote a query. Can you guide me to the where I will find the queries that are to download the COURSE-ADMIN-STATS , those queries will be more relevant and might help me achieve my needs better.   Thank You
    Diana
    Participant
    replied here: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/user-roles-admin-instructor-student-wplms-4/ Let's continue on this topic and I am closing that topic
    sohohosts
    Participant
    FROM DIANA - PASTED FROM THE OTHER THREAD Okay, possible if I will create a shortcode for statistics and you can add it in the frontend wherever you want to show, the statistics will be visible there Just mention here, the things you want to show and I will write the code for that, but it will be a paid customization.   Or, as I suggested the file you can write the code by yourself because I already shared the file name with you where the code is written   Let me know your thoughts ==================================+
    sohohosts
    Participant
    OK, Lets look at this http://prnt.sc/tw43cc where are the queries for these please. I would like to look at that as well. Meanwhile I will write out my requirements for you to review. What sort of coast are we looking at for customised shortcodes?    
    Diana
    Participant
    This is not possible to include in that shortcode. I can only write code to show statistics
    sohohosts
    Participant
    OK so does that mean that you can give me one short code for each report we need? Lets say for example I need a list off all courses with the number of students that Subscribed to the course between two dates.   Example   LIST FOR BETWEEN DATES XX-XX-XXXX to YY-YY-YYYY S.No.  |   Course Name              |   Trainer Name   |    No Of Students Subscribed    |    No Of Students Completed Course 1.        |  Leadership In Action | Shahzad Akhtar | 360  |  120
    1. . . . . .  . . . . . . .  . . .
      The above is just an example to start our discussion.
    Diana
    Participant
    I can show the statistics as shown in LMS > Statistics Because it is not possible that you can filter out the statistics(this kind of functionality in the shortcode) It will show a list of all courses and subscribed students only. But that filter out results between dates is not possible
    sohohosts
    Participant
    Oh Ok, That will not help, I will see what work around I can do, I am able to get the information in phpmyadmin, might need help identifying some fields etc. I have made a few queries, may be I will try to incorporate them in a php page or some thing.
    Diana
    Participant
    okay, You can ask for queries in case you find it difficult
    sohohosts
    Participant
    Thank You!
    Diana
    Participant
    Yeah :D
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘System Related Reports – Administrator Only’ is closed to new replies.