Take course without registering

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Take course without registering

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    artharrison
    Spectator
    I've learned how to create free modules and free courses, but my question is:  How can I allow someone to take a course without registering first? Is there any way to do this with WPLMS? Is there a way to do this with a 3rd party plugin?  (I'd be ok with auto creating annoymous accounts if I had to) Is there anything else I can do?   We're using WPLMS as a training platform for our product.  There's no problem getting people to register after they've seen value, but in order to use the same LMS for our "getting started" material, it's a really, really bad idea to require people to sign-up. If anyone has any ideas, it'll be much appreciated. Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is not possible anyhow  in wplms as of now . Please create a feature request for this  here : https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/
    andrea
    Spectator
    Is that possible at the current moment? Thanks
    andrea
    Spectator
    What if all units are set to 'free'?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is not possible in wplms as of now. Yes if you make all the units free then non logged in users can see them from the curriculum.
    arkajitmandal
    Participant
    Till now is there a way to do this? Without this the LMS is useless to me. I really need this. Please tell me a way to allow everyone to see course view..
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, In the course there is a setting to show full content in course curriculum, refer: http://prntscr.com/h6ujo0 If you enable this setting then the non logged in users can also see the whole content from the course curriculum. But if they want to get enrolled in the course then they'll have to register on the website.
    PrimeVideos
    Participant
    Hello, Following this thread, I understand that users have to register in order to take free courses. 1) Has this changed recently? Is it now possible for users to take free courses without registering? 2) If this is not the case, please assist with the following question: We have set the WP New User Default Role to "Instructor" . Now, when a student registers for a free course, they are automatically assigned the "Instructor" role. How can we change this to "Student", for only those wishing to take a free course?  
    Diana
    Participant
    @PrimeVideos, 1. Without registering, the user cannot take the free courses. 2. Check wp-admin > Settings > General > New User Default Role What Role you assigned for registering new user
    has it change now?
    Diana
    Participant
    @krystianwyszomirski Taking the course without registering, this feature is not implemented in wplms.  
    tomsrusovs
    Spectator
    Please implement this feature
    Diana
    Participant
    @tomsrusovs Yes, we are right now working on this. Will update soon. Thanks for your patience
    ertansinansahin
    Spectator
    Now?
    buckstraininghub
    Spectator
    Also interested in this feature too, i think its really useful. Also if there was the ability to complete a registration for so that admin person can then approve or reject their application
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Take course without registering’ is closed to new replies.