the category does not show the total number

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues the category does not show the total number

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RagabSalem
    Spectator
    I was modification of the category and after the amendment shows the number of cycles in each subcategory is correct, but in the basic category does not show the total number how to solve this problem
    RagabSalem
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well please make sure whenever you are selecting a sub category in a course you must also select its parent category in that course : http://prntscr.com/pq75y5
    RagabSalem
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes it wont calculate the counts of its child category .This is actually a default wordpress behaviour and we cannot change it. Wordpress recommends if you are selecting a child category in a course or post then you have to select the parent category as well as I told in my previous reply . Only then the count will show correct .
    ffpaq
    Spectator
    The category and subcategory count doesn't help much...especially for end-users who will not come to see the above screenshot to know they have to also select a parent category. Is there a way to force the selection of a parent when a sub is selected? If we can't dynamically count to tally parents, then can we use a caret down to show it has subs and simply eliminate those without the count... This is very confusing and quite frustrating. Based on the number of topics on such a basic feature, something must be done here.
    Diana
    Participant
    @ffpaq, As mentioned by @alex, it is a default wordpress feature and we cannot do anything in that. Apologies for this...
    ffpaq
    Spectator
    Yes, understandable, but your whole software extends WordPress  functionality-- How can you not extend the functionality of the taxonomy to show the correct count of courses in your module? It is such a basic need, that I am forced to rethink the use of the software ... what else will we uncover and can we not resolve by shifting the blame instead of trying to find a solution--
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well in such case. As this is very first time we have received such request please raise a feature request in feature request forums. https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/ If upvoted we will add it .
    RagabSalem
    Spectator
    Hi @alex thank you and please close this topic
    Diana
    Participant
    @ragabsalem Thanks for confirming
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘the category does not show the total number’ is closed to new replies.