Touch points email notification for second instructor

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Touch points email notification for second instructor

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi! I'm having this problem long time ago and I wonder why no one reported it, or it is just happening with me! I have installed co author plugins and I was able to add another instructor to a course, but the problem is that only first instructor is receiving touch point emails, notifications. The second instructor is not receiving anything. Of course I have checked option under touch point and tried to find why the second one is not receiving email but unfortunately I couldn't. I hope you can help me to solve this issue. Hope to hear from you soon, Regards, Anas
    Mk
    Sorry, sir, it will work for one instructor only. As of now, touchpoint doesn't work for co-instructor.
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi! I've been told on WPLMS Facebook group that this feature is already covered into WPLMS, that's why I have posted this question. Anyway can you help me to find a way by adding a code or something to enable sending touch points notifications to co-instructor. I want to host some courses in which internal verifier (co-instructor) should be joined with instructor and get notified of everything happening during the course. May be you can consider also adding this feature! In Academic courses we need another role to act as an (Internal verfier or team leader or quality manager) to a course. The role needs to be notified at some activities to track the students / instructors progress and progress quality. Kind Regard, Anas
    Mk
    Sorry for the last reply, I was confused. I checked at my end It is working properly. Please check these settings: Every user has an option to set for which settings they want notification and mail. Go to frontend -> user-dashboard -> settings -> email Refer: http://prntscr.com/pbbjwt please check for the second user that they have enabled notifications for those touchpoints or not.
    If enable please tell me for which touchpoint error is occurring.
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi! The notifications are all enabled to the co-instructor and yet he is not receiving any email notification. I will try to explain it another way. Consider this scenario: I have a course and under the course there are two instructor (Instructor A and Instructor B as a co-author). Touch points notifications are enabled from LMS settings and from both instructors settings also. Now when student apply, get approved, take, start, complete units, submit course ... etc., The first instructor (Instructor A) only receive the touch point notification while the other one Instructor B receives nothing! In this case the Instructor B is blind and can't track the course or students. If I replaced B to A then B receives and A don't! I hope that now you understand the concern. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Mk
    ok, thanks for the detailed reply. I need some more favor, Kindly share site URL and admin credentials in private reply. please create a new course with 2 new authors and test, if it's not working please share course and both author details so that I can test briefly. Thank you.
    jackal
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Thank you, I am checking..
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi @Mk, I have found a related fix in the forum and added this code: add_filter( 'bp_email_use_wp_mail', '__return_true ' ); in wplms-customizer.php file It look like this solved the issue and Instructor B (co-instructor) is receiving touch-point notifications now, but there is one more issue; The emails being sent to Instructor A and B are having the same recipient name as Instructor A, So Instructor B is receiving email notification with Hi Instructor A! Would you please check why emails are using the first assigned instructor name as a recipient name. Hope to hear from you soon, Anas
    Mk
    I checked your issue, notification is going to both instructors. Buddypress has a property of spam Notification protection. according to this property if the message body is the same it doesn't send the same notification for some time for protecting from spam messages.
    In your case both mails recipient name, it may be an issue, I will check and reply to you.  
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi! Did you check the issue? Both instructors (Primary and co-author) are receiving emails but the email has the same receipt name (the primary instructor). For example if a course has two instructors Instructor A and Instructor B. the emails are being sent to Instructor A and a CC to Instructor B but both are showing "Hi Instructor A," in the message. Regards, Anas
    Mk
    It was a holiday so I was unable to check your issue. I am checking and will reply to you by tomorrow. in case I forget to reply please ask me once more. Thank you.
    jackal
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Does your server has object caching enabled? If yes then please try disabling it . I just double checked the code , we use to cache emails and other data in class object which sends notification and emails . The only thing which can be responsible is seems to be object caching here .  
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi Alex! The object caching is disabled on hosting, and I don't have any active caching plugin on my website. Kind Regards, Anas
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Touch points email notification for second instructor’ is closed to new replies.