Translated Course becomes another Course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Translated Course becomes another Course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    With WPML, the translated course becomes another course to the registered users. It creates problem to the user when the customer switches language during the course. Is it possible to make the translated course as the same course (with that in original language) to the registered users?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is not exactly the wpml integration with wplms works .User needs to be enrolled in each version of the course individually . Normally user do not want to be enrolled in course for all languages . But if you want to do this we can share a piece of custom code but that would work only for new students who will purcahse the courses . For old students you got to add then from course admin .
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, We try to develop the code for your requirement. But we are unable to find the post id of course of different language. So if you can can you please contact to wpml for this issue and ask for post id of courses in different language.
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    well that's not what we asked . We need a code snippet of function to retrieve related post ids of all languages for a particular post id here coz we need to enroll the user in course of all version of languages . So we need to the course id of all languages from current course id in which user is enrolling .For this you need to contact wpml support .
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay that I know ,the above snippet will help only in case your have just two languages in your site . I wanted the snippet to fetch all related translation ids of a post . If you site has on;y two courses then we can develop a script to assign course of another language using above code.  
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well then I will be sharing a code with you for this . Please provide some time for this .
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I tried to find to fetch the all translation ids from s post id to enroll the user in them once user is added in any of them . But I could not find any suitable method on wpml forums or else . Could you please again contact the wpml support on how to fetch all translation ids of a specific post id
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Well we can provide code on the basis of the reply received by WPML. So you have to wait for their reply.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Translated Course becomes another Course’ is closed to new replies.