Translation changes lost after update

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Translation changes lost after update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    I use Loco translate Translation changes lost after update 2.0.8 Can I do something about that so on a future update not to lost again the changes?   Thanks  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please make sure your translation is kept in the wp-content -> languages folder. The theme translation files should be present in the wp-content -> language -> themes and plugins translation file should be present in the wp-content -> language -> plugins. If not present then please move the translation files there and after that you need to rescan or sync the files using your translation plugin.
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    Ok here is a big post :). I hope we will make it! I found the wp-content/languages folder. In there, I found the 'themes' folder and the 'plugins' folder. --Themes-- In wp-content/languages/themes  folder there are only the default twentyfourteen, twentyfifteen, twentysixteen .mo and .po files. There are no wplms files. I also made a change with LOCO translate plugin just to see if this action will create any wplms files in there but not happened something like that. There is also a language folder here>>>>> /wp-content/themes/wplms/languages. In there, I found .mo and .po files. No themes or plugins folders included. I thought that these are themes' files. So I moved these files in wp-content/languages/themes folder but now there are no option languages for WPLMS theme.(Of course I made a back up and I can put the files back). But what should I do now? Is there any other way for that? It is really complicated. Do you recommend to use another translation plugin for that? --Plugins-- In wp-content/languages/plugins  folder there are some plugins' .mo and po files but no WPLMS plugin files. Where should I find them in order to move theme here >>>>>> wp-content/languages/plugins So what do you suggest for both themes and plugins?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    When you use translation plugins like loco translate, codestyling, etc they save there changes on this wp-content->languages folder when you translate anything they will be saved here. The languages folder present in the wplms theme are the default files that we use please do not move files from here. By default wordpress takes the translation from the wp-content->languages folder so when the files are not present in this folder then it goes to wplms->languages folder. You just have to use this translation plugin and it will save the files automatically just refer the tutorial for step by step procedure: Loco translate: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    Thanks for the above instruction link. The only step I am missing is that in the attached picture. How do I restore the Translation File? There is no restore option or button here.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you can simply take backup of your languages folder in wp-content folder . After update or migration you can simply place the same folder in the wp-content folder and then you just need to sync the translations . In loco translate you can just sync the translations  . In code styling you need to rescan the translation file to sync (code styling perserver pluign should be installed ) .
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    Great, thanks!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation changes lost after update’ is closed to new replies.