Unit Attachment are not downloadable

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Unit Attachment are not downloadable

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    Hello!! The Attachments added under the unit of a course are not downloadable. Regardless of the content type and browser when clicking on the download icon the image loads onto a new tab. Why is this happening? Is there no way to directly download the files once clicked on the download icon of that particular file? Please help! You can try the attachment type unit under the test course created Test course
    Veronica
    hi I have tried to check but there is no curriculum available here: https://screencast-o-matic.com/i/c3hi29VYWxV can you please let us know exactly where you are getting this issue you can provide us a video
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    As I said in the previous thread you can use the test course to add on the units for replicating the environment. So you might just have created a new unit consisting of the attachment and tried it yourself. You already have the credentials to the admin login so why are you guys being so lazy replying after a day with such things which you could have overcome easily without stretching the thread unnecessarily any further. Please just give me the solution to the problem stated above. And if you need the credentials again here you go in the reply below.
    Veronica
    yes we don't have the credentials to continue so please share the same
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    I mentioned at the start of the thread that they are not downloadable. Please read the query properly it states that the attachments are available but not directly downloadable. They tend to open up in a new tab or rather in some lightbox. That's the problem I came up here with to find its solution to what's wrong with downloading. And you are coming with an irrelevant screenshot stating it is present there. Have you tried downloading it on your device? If not please try and help me with further assistance on how to rectify it. So when the user clicks on the download icon under the attachment section the content attached gets downloaded directly to their local device.
    Veronica
    hi yes I have just confirmed with @Alex we have made this change as with the last option there was some issue with images that's why now it is no longer.
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    So, what is to be done now?
    Veronica
    hi now we can't changed it as it is changed by feature request
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    What a waste of such a feature.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    That feature was not working in Firefox and Safari browser which is why it was wasted .As a developer we are also frustrated to know this .
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    Will this be rectified in the future?
    Veronica
    hi we will try to use javascript for that purpose we need to check if its possible on all browsers
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Unit Attachment are not downloadable’ is closed to new replies.