Units are public in private Courses.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Units are public in private Courses.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    Hello, The Units of my courses are public. All of them, not only the ones that are set as free units. Any user only has to guess or get somehow the url of the unit to watch it. And the urls of my units are pretty easy to guess since they are similar to the title of the unit. And any user can see the title. In this post: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/course-units-publicly-visible-to-non-students/ They offer some kind of fix but does not work for me because of two reasons:
    1. It prevents from any non registered user to see the units. But any registered user can still watch the unit if they guess the URL.

2. This fix also affects visitors (non registered users) who want to play Free Units. They won't be able to see them with this fix and that is very important.

carlosmer
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Only subscribed user or admin can see other units. because the direct link will be available only for subscribed user and admin. If a non-subscribed user can access then please share user details with method how to access?
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    I think you did not read my second message or maybe I did not explain myself properly. I will try again. This is a Demo Course from WPLMS: https://wplms.io/demos/demo14/course/software-training/ As you can see first lesson is free. Anyone can watch it. Heres is the url: https://wplms.io/demos/demo14/unit/introduction-to-software-training/?id=91 Second lesson is not free. I can try to watch it by guessing the URL from the title of the unit. Probably the URL of the lesson is this one: https://wplms.io/demos/demo14/unit/Software-Testing/ But when you try to access to this URL you get this message if you have not bought the course: <span style="color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, system-ui, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">DIRECT ACCESS TO UNITS IS NOT ALLOWED</span> You can try it yourself. That's the way it should work and that is how it worked for my site until some time ago. Now I don't know why, when a user try to access to any of my units by writing the url they can watch the unit without having bought the course and even without having logged in. They should get the message: <span style="color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, system-ui, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">DIRECT ACCESS TO UNITS IS NOT ALLOWED</span> But they don't. Please try to do it by yourself. Try to enter the second url of my previous message and you will be able to watch the unit which should be private. Actually you can try to watch any unit of any of my courses simply by writing the url: website.com/unit/"name-of-the-unit"
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    Please read my second message. There I share how you can watch a private lesson without being registered
    Mk
    My question is if a user is not subscribed to course then how can he find unit URL?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    carlosmer
    Spectator
    I am sorry, I think I was adding the codes wrong, I have tried again and both of them worked. It's fixed now Thank you very much for your support.
    logan
    thanks for confirming. topic closed. best regards.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Units are public in private Courses.’ is closed to new replies.