UNITS CANNOT BE ADDED TO COURSE AFTER BEING CREATED

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting UNITS CANNOT BE ADDED TO COURSE AFTER BEING CREATED

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    Thank you so much for your help and support. We have come across a few issues that demand urgent attention. COURSE CREATION AND UNIT ASSIGNMENT 1. After working without many glitches for a few units of the course I am making, suddenly I cannot add new units to the course. Although other units will show up in the add unit section, the new units I make do not appear. I tried clearing the cache and regenerating the service worker but nothing happened. I had the same problem but it suddenly returned. I thought that after you create the unit, it should immediately become available so it can be added to a course, and that this would be the most basic functionality of the theme. I wonder why isn't there a way to assign the unit to a course from the unit edit page? Isn't there a easier way to do this, and shouldn't that kind of bug be of the utmost priority to fix? 2. When I go inside the app page and click on manage courses, after I select a course, I now get a blank screen. This has never happened before.
    Veronica
    hi the delay in reply due to support holiday can you please share exact video of the issue and also share the credentials in a private reply in order to check this
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    Hello Veronica, My apologies for the wait. I have solved some of the issues, but I have come across new ones. Thank you so much for your assistance. Here are some of the problems we are experiencing at the moment: 1. When I take a course as a student through the app, because it's designed in Elementor, it all looks wrong – not even the H5P widgets appear properly, only images and text headings. This happens even if inside the app, units may be marked as 'elementor' units. I find this confusing because they are supposedly Elementor units but they do not show as they do in Elementor. However, the course progress works fine from inside the app, including the award of badges and certificates, but as none of the H5P widgets and tests appear, that is not required for the unit or course completion. In my case, Elementor is an essential for designing the courses, as everything shows up perfectly, and there are many multimedia elements and H5P tasks that must be there, and do not show up in the app version. I may have to restrict what kinds of menu items students will have access to through the app, and give them access to the course as designed in Elementor. That would be fine, and I have no problem having to design each element individually, as I would have to do that once, and later use it as a template. 2. Would it be possible to make so that course progress, time elapsed, and remaining, can be seen outside the app front end? 3. How can taking the course through the Elementor designs also trigger unit and course completions. 4. I have had issues with the awarding of points from particular H5P tasks – it seems that some of the hooks for individual widgets do not tally the points. I would like to have so that students can make the same exercise several and still be awarded points for the repetitions. 5. If I have to turn off or control the menu items in the app menus, how do I still keep some of the functionality, for course completion, badges, certificates, and points? 6. When I design a Course Layout, the fonts I select do not show up properly in the course page. 7. Is it possible to have a functional course page that has all the features, such as course the course curriculum and the take this course button, course progress etc, information about the instructor, etc, without having to rely on the course layout? 8 To recap, it seems like badges and awards are only given if one takes the course through the app, where everything looks wrong and H5P does not appear, and the course can be completed anyway, just by scrolling down and clicking on the next unit, without completing any tasks, despite that being checked as an item. I would like to have the units to look as they were designed and intended to look, with all the H5P content appearing, and still link to the app, and have the course completion status working, with the awarding of points link to each H5P. I will make an account for you with credentials and make a private response. Thank you so much Veronica.
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    As for the adding of units, this is the solution: 1. If units are published as 'private' they will not show up as units when you edit the course. 2. As soon as you mark them as 'public' they start showing up, and they are not actually publicly accessible as they are created as units and meant to appear only for people taking or creating the course, which seems to work fine. Thank you.
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    Another issue I have come across relates to Group layouts, in particular group images or avatars (the theme uses the two terms). 1. To make the image appear properly inside the app is impossible – the images get automatically cropped, and the only size of image that gets centered on it would be 130x130 pixels, which looks very bad. 2. There's no way to add the image to the group from outside the app, and it should be consistent with everything else, that is, a simple 'featured image' should do. Yet, somehow, just for groups, there is no option. When you go inside app, and click on the settings to the group, you may edit or change the image, but it does not work as intended - the image gets cropped off center, no matter what size you use, and even if you crop it with what seems to be an image 'edit' option, whatever you do there does not correspond to the results. I wonder why would this be so if Wordpress already has a good way of adding and dealing with images. The forums cannot be added to a group via the edit window in the app, even though there is already a setting when you edit the group to add a forum to it... Another issue is that, when you edit the group via the app, the button in the bottom says "Create Group" whereas the group had already been created, and the user is only trying to edit the avatar image, not to create the group again. 3. Is there a way to configure the fonts and icons inside the VibeBP app? For instance, my 'create course' button is smaller than the text on it! Thank you so much again, and all the best.
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    GROUP PAGE AND ACTIVITY Ideally, I would like to have my groups look properly, and be functional, as in this site, which is made with the same theme: https://www.rxcourse.com/groups/community/ Yet, the group pages I have and the widgets that can be added to the layout on Elementor are lacking – there's no way to make a post on the page outside of the app, as we see in the website above. How can I make my groups look proper like that? For instance, in our case, the group members' image can only be set up one way with a huge square image and the name glued right next to it with no options for the text type, etc... this is unlike the example above. In addition, when I edit the group layout, despite the template I use, there's always a header I don't need on top, and I cannot make it full width. Also my instructor profiles have issues with words that appear linked together, such as 'email' and the email itself. It would be great to learn how to get these components looking right. Thank you again, and looking forward to your help.
    Veronica
    hi @rodrigonunesf first, I would like to request you that follow 1 topic = 1 query/issue you have posted so many queries on the same topic that will create a mess for you as well as other team members who will take a look at this matter so create new topics for your above-mentioned issues
    Veronica
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    Veronica
    1: H5P and elementor for H5P follow this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbby9lIi3AQ it should be video type of unit and for elementor it will not work in units as we have contacted to the elementor support as well but they didn't give us any response yes please create new topic for rest issues
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    Hi Veronica, Thank you for the clarification on how to show H5P content in the app's course unit – I can find a way to work with that. I use Elementor designs to set the H5Ps in context, and it would be great if there is a solution to the problem of Elementor units not showing up properly. In my case, it would be very helpful.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes the issue with elementor units is still pending , its content is not showing up properly . We have tried to fix it in past and still but could not.We are still working on it .
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘UNITS CANNOT BE ADDED TO COURSE AFTER BEING CREATED’ is closed to new replies.