Update my Wplms site

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues Update my Wplms site

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rebid
    Participant
    Hi I have a site with 200+ students, I tried tuo update from 3.9 to 4.0 times ago but there was to problems to me. We suggested me to wait until 15 August for a more stable version, and a more friendly migration system. Now what do you suggest to me: to wait more or to update my site? Is the migration more simple now and the versione more stable? Please help me I feel lost and I don't know what to do, in September I will receive more students and I am worried about having trouble updating my site while my students are more active on. Thank you
    Veronica
    hi, please check this if installing fresh wplms4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTT2a-L3F8o if you are updating the theme then follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_x-HOMItL8 please make sure that you have followed the tip properly NOTE: we never suggest any user go for such a big update on the running site with live users if you have live users on your site with running course then I suggest you to please first implement the same on the testing site and update the same on running site. you can create staging/testing site and can perform the update there then apply the changes on your live site never forgot to take the backup of your live site before making changes. NOTE: if you run the setup wizard it will automatically make changes according to its need

but if you want to apply the styling of your present site skip the steps regarding the styling/demo.

most of the issues are resolved with the updates.
    rebid
    Participant
    Hi the layouts of my courses and all the others pages will remain the same? 'Cause I don t want change anything about!
    Veronica
    yes they will if you don't apply wplms v4 styling/demo and layouts(blank layouts) from customize section
    rebid
    Participant
    perfect thank you
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Update my Wplms site’ is closed to new replies.