Update Theme

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Update Theme

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    i asked Fv Player's support and this is the answer: "please check if you are using Settings -> FV Player -> Integrations/Compatibility -> "Load FV Flowplayer JS everywhere". If they say that the player HTML is appended to the page with Ajax and then it doesn't execute, then that setting should fix it. The iframe embed code could work with player ID, but it checks if the post does contain that player ID. So I'm not sure if that would work for you." I checked but I already have that option enabled. I'll send you the screenshot with the options
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    https://ibb.co/NTRWmnG
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is actually more deeper than they and you are thinking : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35614809/react-script-tag-not-working-when-inserted-using-dangerouslysetinnerhtml This is the exact issue .The page where the videocipher shortcode html is loaded is a react script actually we insert the content fetched from the api call into react system . Please tell them this is the situation , show them my reply .
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    Hi @Alex i sent your your post to fv player's support and this is their answer: "Hello, the important question here is whether the FV Player script is loaded in your page HTML or not. Once it's there is doesn't matter how the FV Player instances are appended to HTML in Ajax, they should just work. You can verify this by running "flowplayer" on your browser developer console. FV Player uses a the jQuery ajaxComplete hook to support Ajax calls: jQuery(document).ajaxComplete( function() { fv_player_load(); }); Perhaps that's not enough and you need to run fv_player_load() in some other way. You can even try to run it on browser console to see if fixes and FV Player that fails to initialize. I'm not sure why the WPLMS support talks about videocipher."
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    They seems not to understand that we are not using jquery there and also seem like the support person is not aware about the react . Please simply show them the area where its not working . Please also note here that we are not using jQuery at all .
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    Hi @Alex, if we do the update do I have to recreate the units or do I have to manually re-insert the links of the videos via fv player in the existing units? in the case of the second option I would say to proceed: I'll waste some time but at least we'll solve. if is it possible to agree on the time (Rome time) and date of the update to notify customers and put the site in maintenance for a few hours?
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    the support of FV player replied in the meantime: "so when you are viewing a course in WPLMS is it really a non-standard WordPress theme that is not using jQuery at all? Can it at least be loaded? Previously I also said that the FV Player iframe embed code could work with player ID but it doesn't for security reasons. We could actually allow that if we put up some token into the URL. But we will have to discuss this in our team if we would like such feature or if it's more of a custom programming job."
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well if we can get iframe html without scripts like vimeo and youtube from fvplayer id or shortcode we can make this work without updating every unit . so this does depends upon the fvplayer .
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    I'll ask you this question again: "if we do the update do I have to recreate the units or do I have to manually re-insert the links of the videos via fv player in the existing units? in the case of the second option I would say to proceed: I’ll waste some time but at least we’ll solve. if is it possible to agree on the time (Rome time) and date of the update to notify customers and put the site in maintenance for a few hours?"
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes you will need to replace the shortcodes and change the unit types and add the video links in order to render the video in new v4 version .
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    if instead I already replace the fv player link with the url of each single vimeo video in the description of each unit, can we proceed with the update and everything remains unchanged? In this way I have continuity of operation of the site and then I can try to reuse fv player. If you recommend this procedure, I'll do it and then I'll notify you when I'm ready for the update.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    By link can you please tell exactly which shortcode you put for vimeo videos ? is it [emebd] shortcode ?
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    I noticed that it works either if I paste the vimeo video url into the unit description (ex: https: //vimeo.com/3098 .....) or by inserting the embed code via vibe shortcode ( = ) how is it best to do not have problems after the update?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we are yet to handle this properly , I would recommend you to paste the video url method which we will handle in front end editor and set the type of unit to video .
    burninguitar
    Spectator
    perfect. the units are already set as video. if within a few days I have no news from the fv player support I proceed to paste the video url in the single units. as soon as I'm done I'll warn you so let's proceed. I send you the screenshot of the modified unit to be sure everything is ok
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘Update Theme’ is closed to new replies.