User access

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Hi, I have two issues with my site, both related to user access. The first is that when a user is logging in (enters their details and clicks login), the homepage refreshes and the 'login/register' button is still visible. It's only once the refresh the page that the site shows that they're logged in. How do I fix this so that once the user logs in, it actually shows they're logged in the first time? The second is related to forum access. I have a student of a course that has a private forum who's been able to post questions in that forum, but cannot see those posts in the forum. I have no idea what's going on here and would love your help fixing it. Please let me know the best course of action. Thanks in advance.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    "The first is that when a user is logging in (enters their details and clicks login), the homepage refreshes and the 'login/register' button is still visible. It's only once the refresh the page that the site shows that they're logged in. How do I fix this so that once the user logs in, it actually shows they're logged in the first time? " Well this is purely a caching issue .The home page caches in browser and when it refreshed the control is not reaches to the server and the page is served from cache on clint's browser and does not shows the updated values on page . Please goto wp-admin -> WPLMS ->  Enabl ajax header reload -> yes .      forums issue :  Well it seems like you have Course forum privacy enabled from wp-admin -> lms -> settings . With this enabled only course students can take the access the forums . Please check if the same forum is connected with any other course also . Only one forum with one course is allowed .
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I thought the issue might be related to caching as that seems like the most obvious cause. I went to click on yes for 'Enable Ajax Header Reload' and it was already checked 'yes'. Is there another way we can fix this? I've checked the forum and it is assigned to the correct course. Is there another course of action? Thanks in advance,
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I guess the code we wrote to tackle this is also not executing for ajax header reload due to caching .
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. What's the next step? How can we fix this? And what about the forum access? How can I fix that?
    Louey37
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Louey37
    Spectator
    You must have missed my last message where I said that I can't create an account for you on the site because there's something wrong with the site. Here's the message again:

I can't create new user accounts through the dashboard (the page just reloads without creating a new account) so I created an account through the /register/ page on my site. I then went into the dashboard and tried to upgrade your account to 'Administrator' but the page just reloads without changing anything.

The only way I can think of to give you access is to allow you to login to my account through LastPass. If you have LastPass, can you please give me your lastpass email address and I'll give you access.

Anyway, with the caching, I turned off the caching and people still couldn't login. This is the reply I got from one guy who was trying to login: I logged out and logged in again, via the login form in the right sidebar on the forums. It didn't work via that login form, but took me to a login page. When I went to log in from there, it showed "error" in the top left corner. What now?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    actually this issue also happens on our site wplms.io also but we cant really do about it .
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Two things. Firstly, it looks like the issue wasn't the caching plugin. It looks like it was an issue caused by us running Litespeed instead of Apache. Turning off the Litespeed cache made no improvements. We've switched back to apache and it looks like people now have the ability to login again. But, the same issue still appears with them logging in and the site still showing them as not logged in. Here's a video: https://drive.google.com/file/<wbr />d/<wbr />18ikNTNST1ZCyQ2wmux0GvePLSh2rQ<wbr />MHP/view?usp=sharing This is after we've switched back to apache and there's no caching plugin activated. Secondly, are you saying that you have no ability to change user settings in WPLMS.io and that I'll have no ability to change user settings (password, role, etc...) on my site? Because if that's the case, there's no way I'm sharing my password with you because I'll have no way to change it after you've finished using it. If there is a structural issue with the site design that means I can't change my password once you're done, please install LastPass so I can share my password with you. I'm sure you understand the need for safety and security.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘User access’ is closed to new replies.