User can't edit profile

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting User can't edit profile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Hello. I've got a user reporting that every time she clicks on 'view profile' or dashboard > profile she's taken back to the home page instead of her profile page. I can't figure it out - any ideas?  
    This reply has been marked as private.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Hello. I've just another student report the same problem. I'm trying to update all my plugins to see if that helps but update-core isn't loading - there seems to be a new update/plugin making it hang like crazy and I can't find which one it it.
    https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wordpress-dashboard-500-error/ Please disable your envato market plugin, it is causing some issue on the sites. It might fix your issue. In case you’re not able to open WP Admin – Plugins area, please try following steps : 1. please login to your Ftp or cpanel-> file manager . 2. Then goto wp-content/plugins folder find folder named “envato-market” 3. rename it to “envato-market_disabled” .
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Thanks. Have removed Envato and update-core is working again. Thanks. Have updated all my plugins except WooCommerce (waiting on an SSL cert). The problem still remains. When a student clicks on their profile, they are taken to the homepage instead of their profile. However, if I try to do the same as admin, I can get to my profile page. I can't find an admin/student setting around the profile page.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please try re-saving the permalinks from settings->permalinks. Let me know if this helps.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    I've done this and the problem is persisting.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, can you please share the site url and the credentials with us to replicate and check the issue on your website. Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    It's only for student level members, it works fine for admin. I've changed your access privilege - please try again?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    This is so strange. I just tried it using one of my students' accounts and it's not working. I clicked on the user menu on the top right, clicked settings in the menu, and then profile, and it took me back to the home page.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Ok, so I just changed your privileges from 'keymaster' on the forums to 'participant', which is what all the students are, and the problem is now appearing on your account too. If you go back and try - go to the user menu, select settings and then select profile  - and  you'll see it takes you back to the home page.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi.. Yes I could replicate the issue on your website this time. Now can you please again change the user role to admin to check the issue on your website.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘User can't edit profile’ is closed to new replies.