User profile bug

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues User profile bug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    duy87
    Spectator
    Hello, I see few weird things happen in in users profiles. Navigation menu is slow, not sticky when you scroll also the are few weird letters below. please take a look at attached file.
    duy87
    Spectator
    website: www.kurzon.cz issues is admin page: http://www.kurzon.cz/members/undefined-2/course/ issues in student page: http://www.kurzon.cz/members/jirka/  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I gues you have put a dashboard widget in the buddypress sidebar or the main sidebar . Please note that the dashboard widget are only for  the instructor or student sidebars . /  
    duy87
    Spectator
    the weird texts I fixed.. BUT the navigation menu is still acting very weird. Can you take a look at it? It happens only in accounts dashboard. Thanks.
    duy87
    Spectator
    reply please...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please share admin credentials to check this ? PS:  mark the rely as private while sharing the info , /
    duy87
    Spectator
    Kurzon.cz/wp-admin Login: autor Password: Author4321 Thanks
    duy87
    Spectator
    You dont have to chceck it because i switch from modern to default.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    It is not a bug, the issue is that you've added the Dashboard widgets in the Member sidebar. Now, dashboard widgets only work in Dashboard and because these are relatively expensive widgets (runs multiple queries on server and scripts are included), we've only enabled their styling and scripts on the dashboard pages. So when you add this widget in "Member sidebar" the scripts handling the data is not present and there will be javascript errors on the page. These javascript errors would in turn mess with any javascript execution of the page which includes the navigation bar. Hence you see this issue. A quick fix for this would have been to simply remove the widgets from the Member Sidebar. It is always better to back track the steps after which the issue appeared.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘User profile bug’ is closed to new replies.