User Roles – Admin/Instructor/Student WPLMS 4

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues User Roles – Admin/Instructor/Student WPLMS 4

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sohohosts
    Participant
    Hi, WPLMS 4 Is there somewhere some document that explains the different user roles and the authority of Admin/Instructor and student. Can we create our own user roles and assign rights to them? Please advise.   Regards
    sohohosts
    Participant
    As an example we would like to have an Admin who can see site wide stats, manipulate an Student, or course. See all groups and related stats. Then of course Instructor who has authority on his students or courses and related stats. However we do not want the Admin to be able to access the backend, or atleast only the bare minimum, and have no access to the parameter etc settings on wp-admin. I think given the new login system we can keep the WP and WPLMS login separate. Please advise. URGENT
    sohohosts
    Participant
    <h3 style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Poppins; line-height: 1.35em; color: #222222; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 24px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;">Corporate Training Centers & Institutes</h3> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; font-size: 18px; font-family: Poppins; color: #313b3d;">Students learn courses in groups with managers/administrators managing students and grades.</p>   Basically need information on the difference between managers and administrators. Is there a site wide dashboard for the administrator?    
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes, you can create your own user roles We are not adding any custom user roles, we are using the wordpress user roles. You can read everything about that here: https://wordpress.org/support/article/roles-and-capabilities/ https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/wordpress-user-roles-and-permissions/ You can use this plugin for editing the roles and capabilities: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/
    sohohosts
    Participant
    Hi,   I would basically like to restrict a user to the LMS menu in the dashboard but with Admin Privlliges, like the ability to manipulate any course (front end and back end) and view all statistics. Is there a. A front end interface for system wide reporting? b. Ability to make an admin that has all privileges in the front end but non or restricted at the back end? c. In wplms 4 when I login as administrator the dashboard comes up with message "EMPTY DASHBOARD" where as in 3.9.9 I was getting a regular dashboard. It is desirable to have a dashboard that shows system wide stats when administrator logs in. I am able to create a role as advised using the plugin but unless I give the user "Student" or "Instructor" Additional role the user can not even view the WP-ADMIN and then they do not have the right privileges. The desire is to be able to create a user in WP that can access all LMS functions (just course/user etc management and System Wide Reports.) but is not able to change any configuration settings or create pages posts etc. Regards  
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    sohohosts
    Participant
    Thank You, My problem is that the client wants to get system wide reports, things like how many courses in each course, how many have completed etc. Not by one course but each course. I have so far not been able to find a way to offer them a way to get these reports. The nearest thing is WP-ADMIN -> LMS -> STATISTICS. If I give them access to the WP-ADMIN there is serious possibility of something else being messed up and someone doing something that can cause other issues. Therefore I would like to give them a login that can only access WP-ADMIN -> LMS -> STATISTICS and nothing else. If there was a front end feature that would allow them to get the required reports/data then we will not need this. However so far I have not been able to find a solution to the problem.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘User Roles – Admin/Instructor/Student WPLMS 4’ is closed to new replies.