Various issues with Gift Course

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns Gift Courses Various issues with Gift Course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi there, couple of problems (but this could be because we are running an old version of the WPLMS Gift Course plugin since we are unable to re-download the plugin from Vibe Themes).
    1. The person paying for the gifted course actually gets the course (and an account created). The first issue is clearly a bug, the second (giving the gifter an account) makes no sense!

2. The person who received the gift gets a "security check failed" message when clicking on the gift link.

Appreciate the helP! Cheers

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    My developer fixed it. He said you guys had not assigned a css class to the button so it was not showing correctly. I now see another issue with the Plugin. It seems to not be working with product variants. https://cl.ly/018285 Thanks for the help, cheers
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Also... After someone purchases a course as a gift the following happened:
    1. They got an account created (which should not happen, since the course was was someone else). This is probably due to a WooCommerce Setting that creates an account for anyone who buys something?

2. Since an account was created for the "donor' I checked the GIFTS tab and the gift he just sent was not listed in the GIFTS SENT section.

3. The person who received the gift was able to accept it and had an account immediately created BUT they email address was chosen as the Display name, so now everyone can see the user's email address.

4. Under the GIFTS ACCEPTED the gift they have just accepted is not listed.

See video https://www.useloom.com/share/c7cee497e1ba4aa3a73f3ca642e4e6fe Cheers

italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Also... the person who received the gift, after clicking on the link in the email to accept the gift, has indeed an account created and was automatically logged in. BUT  he also received an email saying: You already selected a password upon account creation, but if you’ve forgotten your password, reset your password here. which will confuse the user, since they never selected a password...    
    Scott Lang
    1 . Yes that is due to woocommerce setting but I guess it should not have been a problem as course is not assigned to the user . 2 . & 4. We would have to check it .please provide some time for this .
    1. Yes we needed a unique field for username so we used emails of the user . We can fix this in upcoming updates of gift course plugin .
        Well the email after account creation helps user to reset his password since she had her account created automatically on site  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    <p style="text-align: left;">Hi and thanks!</p> 1. It is true that the donor did not get the course assigned, but they are now part of a platform (our website) that they didnt choose to be part of. This means they will be getting emails and updates from a company they really have nothing to do with
    1. & 3. Cool. It will help donors who are already our students to check and verify if and when their gift was accepted

2. The username is indeed the tricky part. To only unique identity os indeed the email address, but for example you could ask the donor to also enter the recipient's name in the gift giving form.  That way you could use the name field as display name

1. The problem with the email is not that is being sent. As you said, it will be useful if the user  needs to reset their password... the problem is that it is the wrong email.
    The user has not chosen their password so they won't be able to login to their  new account in the future. It would make a lot more sense to send them the email WP sends when a password is as automatically generated (but i suspect that is WooCommerce sending the email with the actual password). Or force the user to select a password when they click on the email link to accept their gift. You know  like a "customize your account". Cheers    
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Anyway,  nothing is as urgent as making the Gift course plugin work with product variants https://cl.ly/018285  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . for this please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :   add_action('wplms_force_registration_during_checkout',function (){   return 0 ; });   3 . Username issue: there is no problem we will strip the name before the @ sign in the email and will set it as user's display name . 2 & 4 : please replace your class.actions.php file in your plugins/wplms-gift-course/classes folder with this one : https://wplms.io/support/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/class.actions.zip
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi! Not sure what your two suggestions (the code and the classes file) were supposed to fix. I implemented both and this is what happened: A. Person buying the gift still had an account created, was auto logged in and taken to the course they just bought (but no access to the course). B. Still unable to use the Gift Course option for products with variants C. Gifted person's username is still their email Please advice, thanks!
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    I think what your code tried to do is avoid the issue with the email. I see that now the person who accepted the gift did not recieve the email regarding their password... But how are they to log in the future? They should be receiving an email telling them what their password is. Don't you think? On a good note, the Gifts Sent and Gifts Accepted is now working. Cheers
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Also noticed that the person who sent the gist is receiving an email to confirm the gift, but the link appears to be broken. I had not noticed this before https://cl.ly/058634 Cheers
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Correction. The Gifts Accepted tab has still an issue https://cl.ly/8a32e3 as you can see, the Gift Sent tab correctly says that the gift was accepeted, but the Gifts Accepted tab does not.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

B. Still unable to use the Gift Course option for products with variants : 

C. Gifted person's username is still their email

yes you are correct these are not fixed yet .we are working on it.   that code to add in wplms customizer.php should have allowed the user without creating account to purchase the product .   I see that now the person who accepted the gift did not recieve the email regarding their password... we for this you can use welcome email . in welcome email you can tell user to reset the password by using her email to reset it . To enable this please goto wp-admin -> lms -> settings emails -> email options -> Enable welcome email . They can easily reset their passwords using email .    

On a good note, the Gifts Sent and Gifts Accepted is now working.

yes this is what that class.actions.php file  supposed to fix.     Well the gifts accepted tab will show data for the user who has accepted the gift .since the user who sent gift does not received the gift . Please check gifts accepted tab in the profile of the user who have actually received the gift .  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Various issues with Gift Course’ is closed to new replies.