Visual Composer, new set up and conflict with old Masterstudy theme

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Visual Composer, new set up and conflict with old Masterstudy theme

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    I purchased the WPLMS yesterday from Envato to replace the theme and provide more functionality. I had Masterstudy on site with woo commerce, groups, buddypress and bbpress and there is already many pages and data written into this site. I’ve spent a day correcting the changes on the site. However, I have significant problems with WP Bakery – the backend components hang and do not save. The LMS system did not install or create any icons at all in the dashboard. I realise the frontend of WP Bakery does not operate under your system. I can only use classic or Gutenberg blocks, it seems. The template does not offer any choices of templates. I do not have PageBuilder. I could not migrate the templates when I tried to install the master template plugin. I did install Visual Composer as an option when I did the theme wizard. I’ve reloaded both WP bakery and Classic Editor – they are the latest versions. I’ve looked online at your support forums and knowledge base but could not find a solution – and it is not javascript in Mozilla vs. Explorer (as I checked this, same problem) I now need some advice or technical support to correct this. Have also emailed
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    logan
    Hello, Please let me know some answers:
    • Do you have a master study installed on your site??
    • you only downloaded wplms and put it in themes folder??

Note: wplms needs a proper setup and we do not import courses from the master study not yet but I assure you by Wednesday, I will create a new plugin that will import your courses to wplms. you won't regret your purchase dear friend.
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    Dear Logan, I put wplms in the themes folder.I removed master study as theme and STM_posts. It is all the additional plugins that have not opened or been created. I also tried a manual install of the plugins (unzipped) and none were visible, open or could be seen in the admin/plugin panel via FTP. Should I move all plugin zip files from content/theme to content/plugin instead of extracting them to unzipped folder?
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    I've added the missing plugins but it has caused an error on activation and blocked the entire site.  
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    Is there a correct order for activation of these plugins?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay we have noticed all the issues .the main issue is that visual composer is not working due to new gutenberg wordpress experience . As you site is not working due to deactivataion of some important plugin for the theme . you gotta first deactivate the wplms theme by renaming theme folder name in your wp-content/themes folder and then get back your wp-admin. then activate the default wp theme. thereafter rename back the wplms theme folder to original name wplms and then try activating theme now .   This would fix the theme issue .to check visual composer issue please share your site url and admin credentials in private reply .
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    Kt_pr_34
    Spectator
    I resolved this issue by deleting tables from the STM_configurations plugin in Masterstudy in the database. The Vibe-custom-types plugin loaded after this without crashing the site. The front-end plugin was then used to create a course. This made the LMS appear on the dashboard. Problem solved!
    logan
    You are a true legend man. we are building a plugin for you to import your all courses from master study to wplms. i will inform you once it is ready. closing this topic.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Visual Composer, new set up and conflict with old Masterstudy theme’ is closed to new replies.