Welcome Email

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Welcome Email

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi Currently, I have Welcome Email enabled... but along with the Welcome Email - Wordpress also send a Welcome Email - cant this Wordpress email be disabled? If a user Signs Up through Google or Facbook (BP Social Login) - No Welcome Email is sent.. can this be done... thanks
    Mk
    Signs Up through Google or Facebook
    You can log in through bp social login. For sign up, you will need to sign up in a respected social site. which will control their sign up. SO there is no welcome mail for bp social login.
    ajacks
    Participant
    hi MK Two things 1) when welcome email is sent why is wordpress email being sent too? 2) I need to send welcome email to all users even those that sign up through social login because I sending customized content in it   Hence the questions please clarify   Thank you  
    Mk
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ajacks
    Participant
    Mk
      1 . to disable wp welcome email : https://wordpress.org/support/topic/stop-default-welcome-email/ 2 . add_action('user_register','send_welcome_email_after_activation',99); add_action('register_new_user','send_welcome_email_after_activation',99); function send_welcome_email_after_activation($user_id){ if(class_exists('WPLMS_tips')){ $wplms_settings = WPLMS_tips::init(); $settings = $wplms_settings->lms_settings; }else{ $settings = get_option('lms_settings'); }   if(!empty($settings['email_settings']) && !empty($settings['email_settings']['enable_welcome_email'])){   $status = bp_send_email( 'welcome_email',$user_id, array( 'tokens' => array( 'user.name'=>bp_core_get_user_displayname($user_id), ), ) ); } }  
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi MK, Thanks for sharing, havent got around to work on point 1 but the code shared for point 2 didnt work... havent received any email post a sign up using google login.... am I doing something wrong? thanks
    Mk
    Please check, welcome email is enabled or not? Go to wp-admin-> LMS -> settings -> email options -> Enable welcome email and enable it. And You will also get a message to migrate all BuddyPress emails. please migrate all emails if not migrated. then the email will start going.
    ajacks
    Participant
    ajacks
    Participant
    Mk
    Hey ajacks,
    although welcome email issue still remains...
    I don't know why the above code (given in the previous reply) is not working for you. Its working fine at one of my colleague setup. Please configure all of your settings properly and then reply if it's not working. I will set it at my local and check.  
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi MK, the above code works for registration with the form. In fact an additional email is being sent. If I register through Google/Facebook it does not send an email - which is why it is still an issue... regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay we checked this and code is working fine at our end . Please check if you are using same account to login with google facebook . Please note that social login registers user only one time , the next time you hit social login and login with same social account it wont create the user in your site and the welcome email will not be sent .In this case it will simply login the user .   Please check this with a new social account  you have not used on your site to test  
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Welcome Email’ is closed to new replies.