Woocommerce Memberships and Customize URL in "take this course"

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS WooCommerce Woocommerce Memberships and Customize URL in "take this course"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    murilobaldoni
    Spectator
    I'm having two issues I would like your help.   1-I'm designing all my site to use two plans of woocommerce memberships with woocommerce subscriptions. although you don't recomend this is the only option I have, since I need to use Woocommerce integration with specific payment methods. I would like to know what the problems and limitations using this method that I will need to pay atention. For better comprehension, users will have access to all courses (including new ones) since they pay a mounthly fee (like netflix). I'm using the WPLMS integration with Woocommerce Memberships and I setup to grant access  by buying a subscription product.   2-When a non-membership clicks on 'take this course' I would like to redirect to a page that user could choose what plan to subscribe (a price table page). So, how can I change the URL of 'take this course' button?   thanks,
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . Well there will be consequences ofcourse .The subscription duration of the students will conflict .Our wplms woocommerce memberhsip addon will try to avail access to users according to it and wplms inbuilt course access will try to avail access according to it . I would recommend simply remove the  woocommerce membership and its wplms addon and simply use the woocommerce subscriptions and its wplms addon : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-woocommerce-subscriptions-addon/ You can create multiple subscription products(30days , 60days, 1 year ) and add all courses to these products (select all courses in the associated courses settings in the product in backend ) . 2 . This is simple , please enable external course link from wp-admin -> lms -> settings . This will enable setting to link take this course to external link(your plan page) in course pricing settings .
    murilobaldoni
    Spectator
    I'm sorry if I sent many times the same message. My reply isn't visible to me.
    murilobaldoni
    Spectator
    1 I saw a big problem doing this, I supose new courses will not be available for older subscriber, am I right? So in order to correct this would I need to manualy subscribe older clients to new courses? I will launch new courses weekly, it would be really dificult to manage. In case using the memberships strategy, I'm not using the WPLMS subricption plugin in adition. I was planing to use just the memberships plugin and link the membership with a product purchased with a subscription. So in case of cancelation or late payment woocommerce will automatically suspend the membership access. I can't figure out the conflict with WPLMS. 2 Right, I will try again. I did it last week and the button just stopped working, making just a refresh to same course page, even after inserting a simpe https://google.com URL
    murilobaldoni
    Spectator
    Just a update regarding item 2. It's working just to non logged-in users, but I need to make already logged in users without a membership plan to be able to click in "take this course" button and redirect to memberships price table page. Now, If a logged in user tries to take this course nothing happens.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . Well yes you are correct it wont add the user to this new course while the memberships way can do this but unfortunately these two does not works with wplms as of now . In such case you have to ditch  the wocommerce subscriptions and use the wplms woocommerce memberhsips only according to this tip: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/woocommerce-membership-integration-with-wplms-addon/   Note that you have to choose the option specific length , without it , it will not work .   2 . Well that is happening due to wplms woocmmerce memberhsips plugin . Please deactivate it.  
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce Memberships and Customize URL in "take this course"’ is closed to new replies.