WP Rocket user cache issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting WP Rocket user cache issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I've setup WP-Rocket and enabled User caching - as part of all settings you shared on this post: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/wp-rocket-user-cache-with-wplms/ This improves a lot UX on our platform and really want to leave it enabled, but I had issue reports from users, complaining they couldn't resume a course when clicking on "continue course" button (either from course intro page or user dashboard). They see this error: "This Course can not be taken. Contact Administrator" I couldn't reproduce the issue myself, but users reported it was gone after I disabled user caching. Any ideas what could cause this or what I could do to fix this and keep user caching enabled? This is a must have. Thanks!
    Diana
    Participant
    Try disabling caching for logged in users
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Haha, did you read my message?
    Diana
    Participant
    "This Course can not be taken. Contact Administrator" This error generally shows when user hit on course button but the cookie is not set. So I cannot specify particularly then this is the issue.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Diana, Thanks for this info. Is the cookie you are referring to the one set for every logged in user? As if I exclude cache for user with this cookie, then I loose all the purpose of user caching. Do you think Alex could take a look into this? As it was recommended in your post here, so it seems WPLMS should be compatible with WP-Rocket user caching. A good user caching is a MUST HAVE for e-learning websites, as we want our users to get a smooth experience, not just guests! WPLMS is light-fast with it!! Thank you!
    Diana
    Participant
    @soulshakepower I discussed your issue with @Alex and he advised me that disable caching on course and my courses page wp-rocket has setting to exclude urls
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Yeah cool, How can exclude the course page? Each page has its own different url with nothing in common. Can I exclude the template? how? Same for the "my courses" pages; which url starts with username. Should I apply a wildcard like this: /course/    ? Let me know, thanks!
    Diana
    Participant
    yes you should apply a wildcard /course contact and how to apply that check docs of wp rocket wp rocket
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Ok cool, Thank you so much Diana! You can hit resolve :p Cheers from sunny south of France :)
    Diana
    Participant
    @soulshakepower Thanks for confirming :D
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Rocket user cache issue’ is closed to new replies.