WPLMS Appointments for online counselling

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Appointments WPLMS Appointments for online counselling

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    We are a psychotherapy training institute with a no. of trained psychologists as our students. Given the current Covid-19 situation, we have come across a lot of people who are having constant anxiety. We in collaboration with our students would like to help these people via free online counselling sessions. I wanted to know if I the wplms appointments plugin can be used for this?
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS, It depends on your requirement. See if you want to embed meetings within the units then you can use this plugin: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-bbb-addon/ For Booking Instructors you can use wplms Appointments
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    I don't need to embed meetings in units. I am looking at normal users being able to book appointments with students for online counselling sessions. These sessions will be booked via the appointments page. Is that possible?
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS, Online Meetings is possible with wplms appointments. Please check all the features and then you can purchase. For Live Meetings Either you have to purchase minutes from videoencrypt and then you can add the secret key and URL in wplms appointments settings OR if you don't want this then you can setup the wplms bbb on your own server check this: https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.2/install.html Everything is given step by step With the Help of this Addon Students can book a schedule of instructors and it is really a feasible thing that instructors can create his schedule according to his availability Please check documentation and videos available for more info
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Thank you for the info. But I have already gone through this. May be I have not been able to ask the question clearly so let explain: As you mentioned
    "With the Help of this Addon Students can book a schedule of instructors and it is really a feasible thing that instructors can create his schedule according to his availability"
    I would like users who may or may not be students to be able to book a schedule of other students (who would have a custom role: lets say "practitioners"). These practitioners are not instructors but a custom role in wordpress. Is that possible?
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS Actually we didn't add any check for practitioners. In this case, I have to manually add code on your site. After that users will be able to book those user roles But yes, if this user role has the capability of edit_posts(like instructors) then it should work without any custom code as per my knowledge
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Thank you. Last question: from the point of view of online counselling, as long as the internet speed at the practitioner and client is decent, is the system reliable enough? I ask because the client maybe having an emotional outburst and that will be a very bad time for the system to fail us. So need to be sure of system reliability.
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS, For reliability purpose I would strongly recommend to configure bbb setup on your own server. It should be good enough to handle load of a bulk of students. While configuring you can also set the user inactivity so after that time interval the session will be end for that user and there are few more parameters
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Thank you
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS, Closing this topic then
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS Appointments for online counselling’ is closed to new replies.