WPLMS Batches – Usage from backend

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches WPLMS Batches – Usage from backend

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lifeandmoney
    Spectator
    Hello, We have recently purchased the WPLMS Batches plugin and installed it. I have checked out the videos for batch creation etc. It shows how to create a batch from the front end "Edit Course". Is there a way to create batches from the backend - wp-admin? I created all the courses and units through backend only and have not used the front-end part, and am more comfortable with backend. Please guide the steps on how to create batches from the backend and also guide on any written material that is available for batches plugin. Thanks. We are going to use batches for Corporate trainings, so  if you can throw light on how to create a batch admin and assign batches to course, and manage users etc, it will help. Thanks in advance!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The groups are the batches, so you have to create buddypress groups and then connect courses with it. However, the buddypress allows groups to be created from the front end only. --------- You can refer this wplms batches category: https://wplms.io/support/article-categories/wplms-batches/ There are some tips and features tutorials to use, in your case I guess buy batch feature will be more useful.
    lifeandmoney
    Spectator
    Ok. Thanks. I will try it out from front end then. But for some reason, in our test website, I am unable to see "Edit Course" tab.  Is there a setting that must be missing? Can you suggest how to make "Edit course" tab appear. From there on I will try to follow the videos for implementing Batches. Thanks again.
    lifeandmoney
    Spectator
    Also, we will not be using the online payment model. If we have to use the buy batch feature without "paying/buying", can it be used?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The edit course button is shown only if the edit course page is set in the course manager. Please go to wp-admin->wplms->course manager->edit course page, please make sure here edit course page is set. If not then create a blank page and make sure you set that page template as create content and publish it. Now connect this page in the edit course page in the course manager in the wplms option panel. Now the instructor of the course and the website admin can see the edit course button. ------------- The buy batch works with woocommerce plugin, as the name suggests it's a feature where the users can purchase it. You can set the price to be zero so that in the buy batch the price comes out to be zero and hence zero currency payment will be made.  
    lifeandmoney
    Spectator
    Ok. So from what I understood, I can create an instructor ;assign a course to him and allow him to create batches and add users to the batch.  Correct?  Becoz, this is how we perceive our business model will work. So, I have created an instructor from wp-admin, and assigned a course to the user. As you said I logged in as the instructor, but I am unable to see the edit course to create a batch. Have I missed some setting at the backend? Could you help?
    lifeandmoney
    Spectator
    I am able to see edit course as an admin, but not as instructor
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Sorry, for the late reply here. This means that the instructor you created is not the author of that course. Please edit the course from backend and set that instructor as the main author of the course, then the instructor will be able to edit that course.
    lifeandmoney
    Spectator
    Oh Ok. But our model would be like this - We create a course say "Course A", &  course A will be given to each company who would would buy it offline, and each of these companies we would want to give access to a moderator. So my question is - Or should we create duplicate copies(course A1, course A2 etc..) of the same course and  assign moderators of each of the companies to the respective course duplicates so that that moderator will have access to only that duplicate course( say course A1)?  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, If you have 1 course and want that the 2 instructors should be able to edit that course then you'll have to duplicate the course because in wplms only the admin of the website and the author of a particular course can edit the course but others cannot.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS Batches – Usage from backend’ is closed to new replies.