WPLMS course admin panel – how to

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues WPLMS course admin panel – how to

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will take this feedback and improve on this. We do have a functioning site where you can try creating courses and see how things work : https://demos.wplms.io/playground user : [email protected] pwd : [email protected] The problem with using latest technology is that not many people are willing to upgrade their skills, so finding a freelancer is going to be difficult. And yes this is going to be a lean phase in WPLMS in terms of sales and we are willing to take that risk because we believe that we have the best platform on web for education. So unless we share and prove all the benefits of latest technology you are not going to realise the benefits of using WPLMS. What we were selling back in 2017 is now what our competitors sell to you now in 2020. We released a customisable education mobile app back in 2017. There are some big advantages and undeniable facts which led us to make the change in WPLMS technology. The overall benefit is the "cost" while it will take you at least a Good VPS with 4-8GB ram (~$120/month) with LearnDash and Astra for a 100 simultaneously logged in user, the WPLMS v4 is going to give you 100 simultaneous users in less than $10 per month. The Dynamics of web has changed in the coming decade 2020'x. We need to be ready with a framework that can compete with latest standards.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will take this feedback and improve on this. We do have a functioning site where you can try creating courses and see how things work : https://demos.wplms.io/playground user : [email protected] pwd : [email protected] The problem with using latest technology is that not many people are willing to upgrade their skills, so finding a freelancer is going to be difficult. And yes this is going to be a lean phase in WPLMS in terms of sales and we are willing to take that risk because we believe that we have the best platform on web for education. So unless we share and prove all the benefits of latest technology you are not going to realise the benefits of using WPLMS. What we were selling back in 2017 is now what our competitors sell to you now in 2020. We released a customisable education mobile app back in 2017. There are some big advantages and undeniable facts which led us to make the change in WPLMS technology. The overall benefit is the "cost" while it will take you at least a Good VPS with 4-8GB ram (~$120/month) with LearnDash and Astra for a 100 simultaneously logged in user, the WPLMS v4 is going to give you 100 simultaneous users in less than $10 per month.
    dgcruzing
    Spectator
    Mr Vibe, I went in and had a look. Thank you.. Just confirmed that this theme is a long way from prime time. Don't get me wrong, I know where you want to be. And I think you would have watched the video I posted of the Moodle sites I have had running for over 4 years now with thousands of students gone through it. Plus being a tad bit older then you I think, I was around silicon valley in the early ninety's doing things that lead to how we use the internet now. but I am not here to blow my own trumpet. As a lecturer now, I teach Project Management. And one of the things I tell my students is to build systems that can be duplicated. Then build a system that teaches others how to use these. With that in mind,take some time out and have a look at one of the H5P's I use in class. https://acs.h5p.com/content/1291038360680824909 I think this relates to where you are at the moment and with luck you have not bitten off more than you can chew and burn out. Since we made the decision to shift we have taken on the Astra theme with learndash and using the Divi builder. By having this little course at our hands.. https://funnelstoincome.com/learndash-mastery-course/ We actually have a site almost ready to roll and expect to have a few courses rolling within another view weeks. Compare this to the 6 weeks we have been trying to tame your upgraded theme. I actually had a Brazilian who is a fantastic Webdesigner have a look at the backend of what we were doing with your base and was see if he was interested in having a play.. I gave him access for a few days and he suggested that unless we were prepared to spend a lot of time and money he was not interested in joining up with us. Thus, your point about the 100 simultaneous logs in costs are mote.. especially these days.. Once again, as an idea.. We have just spun up a moodle and onboarded 4,000+ students across more than 100 courses.. and are two weeks into the usage and are very comfortable with the loads. For the site I made the video off, it's running off a Bitnami\AWS T3 and handles hundreds of logins in and can be set to expand if need. costs run at is $US35-$US50 a month.. So we know that cloud services now are very affordable if you want to do a bit of backend admin. big hint there.. by using Mac's youtube video's and his course.. that's where you want to be.. use the power of the influences to build on what you have got as a base.. but if you just keep it as a closed shop. Then how can you expect a large base of uptake.. Anyway.. Keep at it and debug the hell out of this so that it settles down.. as I said, its got potential but as you admitted yourself.. you're going to take a hit as you can not show any "complete" finishes.. no real working sites that have uptake from a community that can support others and take the pressure of yourselfs.. Wish the team well.. Will bow out now and just watch it unfold and come back in 12 months' time once it settles.. Be well..
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS course admin panel – how to’ is closed to new replies.