WPLMS Custom capabilities on multisite are absent

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues WPLMS Custom capabilities on multisite are absent

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    I found that my second language multisite doesn't have custom capabilities for user roles (none from the WPLM list). Maybe it happened because my DB already had the instructor role at the moment of WPLMS installation. As the result, my instructors cannot operate on that site... Is there any way to 'import' them? Then I can automatically repply them to the instructor role with User Role Editor.
    isigma
    Spectator
    I found the root of the problem: - there are no wplms custom capabilities in network site roles indeed, but maybe it should be like that... - my instructors had the Instructor role from the previous template (so that role did not have wplms capabilities) - after resaving the role with User Role Editor, instructors have now all the access on network sites. It could be a good entry for the f.a.q.  for those, who migrate from a different LMS and had the Instructor role there. It looks like this is only an issue on network sites, as the main (or single) WP site roles have all default wplms capabilities.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is wordpress multisite limitation .An instructor on one subsite in multisite will be added as a "subscriber" on other subsite by default if she logs in . You need to manually add the user to the subsite as instructor to make her instructor on other site as well .
    isigma
    Spectator
    I realize that it is not the WPLMS fault. The user did have the Instructor role (which existed on the previous template), but this part might be confusing for people, like me, who do not realize, that the assigned on multisite Instructor role doesn't have WPLMS capabilities. Again, the solution is reapplying the role on multisite again.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yep you need to edit the user and change the role in particular subsite in multisite coz by default the user will be just "Subscriber" in that site .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS Custom capabilities on multisite are absent’ is closed to new replies.