WPLMS Front End plugin is slow

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues WPLMS Front End plugin is slow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    russellc
    Spectator
      <p class="p1"><span class="s1">Our WPLMS Front end plugin appears slowest amongst all of our plugins in our WPLMS site and seems to be slowing the site down, especially the back end. Are there any known reasons why this may be the case? Do you have other issues with certain plugins affecting front end. Is there some way we can resolve the speed as it is slowing down the site. We are using P3 plugin report and the graph has the following plugins as the slowest loaders</span></p> <p class="p1">WPLMS Front End - 25% (In the past this number has been as high as 40%) All Others - 20% WP Mandrill - 15% Admin Editor Pro - 10% and remainder of other plugins with small percentages.</p> <p class="p1">We have 49 active plugins with and plugin load time is 2.5 seconds and plugin impact is 75% of load time.</p> <p class="p1">Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that the wplms front end only executes in front end edit only i.e. when you edit a page in front end . It does not load any of the scripts on the website unless or until a page is edited on the front end .
    russellc
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, thanks for your quick reply. I have just started working with Russell's team in helping out with computer support for their LMS, so just getting to know how it all works. Any idea why the back end might be slow in loading for admin users? It takes 30-40 seconds to load the wp-admin page when selecting the dashboard. Users on instructor profiles load faster 10-20 seconds, I understand this would be due to there being less options being loaded for their wp-admin left menu. Is the reason for long loading times simply the large number of items available for an admin user in their left menu? Are these kinds of times we are experiencing normal? I have noticed if I use bookmarks instead of the admin menu from the home page I can get into LMS for example in 2-4 seconds which is great. To me it appears that when you enter the admin from the home page via the dashboard link it takes the a much larger amount of time. From what I can tell loading the dashboard is roughly 80-90% of the admin page loading time. What are your thoughts and do you have any ideas? From what I can the dashboard doesn't really get used by our staff at this stage and from what I can see in settings, can't be turned off. Kind Regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    P3 Profiler reports can be indicative but the reports can be inaccurate. The above case indicates where the plugin could have gone wrong. The WPLMS Front end plugin is meant for the front end and does not load in WP Admin panel, if you simply view the page, you'll see there are no scripts/css loaded by the front end plugin. There could be multiple reasons for slow loading of Admin panel : 1. Javascript errors (big impact) 2. Image missing errors (big impact) 3. Server overload (check the) 4. On what pages exactly do you feel the slow down ? How many units/questions/quizzes/courses does your server host ? 5. Un-optimised Mysql database, since WPLMS is a database heavy application, if there are overheads in your mysql database then it can slow down your site. You can use any database optimiser plugin for this.   Attached is the report from my test installation with P3 profiler . Please refer the notice by the P3 profiler plugin  : http://prntscr.com/972qwn  
    russellc
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thanks for your thorough response. We have set up the use of bookmarks in the chrome browser to get to the Instructor profiles pages to load faster. We use bookmarks such as "Users" or "Quizzes" and the page load times have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-4 seconds. It appears that if you dodge loading the WP Dashboard, the admin loads fast. So I think the speed issue it may really be an issue to do with the Dashboard slowing the admin page load. Don't know if this is WP or WPLMS.   Kind Regards, Ben  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    As mentioned in the previous reply and as the report.txt file demonstrated ,it is not the wplms front end plugin which is causing the problem  . Have you referred the gtmetrix for the server response time ? The "users" and "quizzes" may be loading faster due to your browser have cached that pages as you frequently opens them .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Also please refer this topic if you want to apply some server side caching :  https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/cache-plugin-recommended/
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS Front End plugin is slow’ is closed to new replies.