WPLMS – How to sort topics correctly (into categories/forums) ??

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting WPLMS – How to sort topics correctly (into categories/forums) ??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    wooya921
    Spectator
    So I´d like to get some kind of order into the main forum of my customer´s membership area. For this, I´d like to have some sort of sub-forums so the various topics can be sorted:
    • Should I just create new forums and set them as subordinated under the main forum?
    Or is the possibility of sorting them into different categories better/easier to overview? Thanks for any kind of help in advance Cheers Noah
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This depends on you and your site how you want the forums to be handled . It up to your choice . We would recommend you to use the sub-forums to sort the topics .
    wooya921
    Spectator
    Tried to explain it on the attached screenshot. It´s just about getting an order into the whole bunch of forums within our membership area & additionally making it look a bit better than it does right now hope you have some more advice on this, otherwise I´ll go with your first recommendation then    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Then please drop the idea of sub forums and create a different and unique forums . Then the forums would appear indivdually .YOu can also assign categories to your forms to indicate the essence of the forums to users .
    wooya921
    Spectator
    I switched to multiple forums now - but they don´t appear below the first created topic right now .. Second: the assignment of categories sounds awesome - where can I find this function? or do you mean setting it as a category overall, because then it´d be displayed like the sub topics again and that´s not my aim
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please refer screenshot  : http://prntscr.com/8quji4 Create a forum and choose the type to category it will become the category . Please note you cannot create topics in the forum of type category . It can be only used to contain sub forums .
    wooya921
    Spectator
    Okay thanks! So but why aren´t there any topics displayed right now even though I created several forums equal to the first one we had right from the beginning? .. I set the other topics as full topics so in fact they should be treated equally to each other and all displayed right there right? none of them is subordinated anymore - but why are they invisible then?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please check if the forums and the parent forum if any are set to hidden or not which are not appearing on the your-site.com/forums page  . If they are hidden then make theme private or public . Please also share the admin credentials and site url to chcck the issue at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing info .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Forums generally appears in this way : All the forums appear at the forums page . then the topics that are created in those forums shows up when you opens a particular forum page .
    wooya921
    Spectator
    Well, I checked all the forums again and even though they´re all set as private forums without being subordinated - they´re not displayed at all. Only within the front end of an admin logged in ..
    wooya921
    Spectator
    https://bodywork360.com/wp-admin Admin access: n.meier password - <span style="color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: normal;">jiKo6MJ*@Y3aO6nnjQU!M(%)</span> where the forums are correctly displayed when admin is logged in   test access:   testkonto password  - <span style="color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: normal;">ffqbs8</span>     https://bodywork360.com/forums/ where the forums should be displayed, but unfortunately aren´t ..   hope you can help me with my issue - and thanks for all the help you granted me so far! I´m certainly aware that it might be stressful to answer so many questions Noah
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We have disabled the "COurse forum privacy"  . Please note that if this options is enabled then the forum which is not connected to the course will not show to the user who have not taken that course . We disabled this option and the forums are  now visible to the user .
    wooya921
    Spectator
    awesome thanks a lot!!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Marking as resolved and closing the topic .
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS – How to sort topics correctly (into categories/forums) ??’ is closed to new replies.