WPLMS S3 PDF not showing up

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS S3 WPLMS S3 PDF not showing up

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    kapitalminds
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    kapitalminds
    Participant
    In addition, how can I reduce PDF link expiry to just 10 seconds or less? It's still not working for me.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the issue is actually related to the mobile browsers . If the browser has a pdf plugin installed it executes the object and shows the pdf . its showing this warning to me in chrome on android : http://prntscr.com/mo7c52 if not then it shows a download link there . It is totally browser support issue .  
    kapitalminds
    Participant
    This thing has been dragging on for 2 weeks already, and your answers are not helping at all. The test URL I provided has 3 PDFs embedded. The 1st one is a download button (as seen in your screenshot) using WPLMS S3 embedding. The 2nd one is normal HTML PDF embedding. The 3rd one is Google PDF embedding. Nevermind, I will delete the 2nd and the 3rd PDFs, please tell me why is WPLMS S3 PDF embedding not showing on all types of mobile browsers including iOS and Android using the same testpdf link i gave you. Show me that you can load a PDF on mobile browsers with WPLMS S3 please.
    kapitalminds
    Participant
    And you are still not replying me on the reduction of PDF link expiry to just 10 seconds or less. Somehow I get this feeling that you are avoiding and evading my questions...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I have no intentions to ignore your questions . I forgot to answer that some how . okay I looked into this the html5 "emebed" tag is not working in mobile browsers . while the " Embed Any Document " plugin that you are using is embedding the doc using iframe and this is why it is showing there with the "embeddoc" shortcode . I guess we would also need to something like that in wplms s3 to make it work . We will try to do that in upcoming update of wplms s3 plugin . The choice of duration is dependant upon the file size and user's internet speed . So a safer value of 2 minutes would work if pdf file is not larger than 1 MB .
    kapitalminds
    Participant
    This is to confirm that WPLMS S3 plugin is not able to display PDFs in mobile browsers on iOS phones and Android phones. Looking forward to the next update release to solve this issue. I will be removing all temporary logins created for this support ticket. Thank you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the issue is not actually related to wplms s3 but the compatibility of the browsers . I understand its important to show the pdf's as embeded on all devices .That is why were adding a support for that .    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    kapitalminds
    Participant
    Ok thanks. I did screenshot for both Android and iOS phones that PDFs are not embedded. Just putting it up for your future reference. https://prnt.sc/mpye8m
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS S3 PDF not showing up’ is closed to new replies.