Zoom Meetings Reminder and Tabs

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues Zoom Meetings Reminder and Tabs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    Hi, I have the latest version of Vibe Zoom version 1.4.1, using VibeBP and PWA on version 4.85, I have the following complains: 1) Meeting reminder option is gone, and students are no longer receiving reminders before meetings, see here https://prnt.sc/uo3rcr. 2) Please remove the tabs, or at least put the course tab first, in here: https://prnt.sc/uo3rxe.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    These tabs fetch meetings differently, so we can not combine all into one. Also, when your site grows big, this would be a really helpful categorisation. We have added provision to remove the Tabs and set a default tab with few lines of code. All three plugins vibe BBB, Vibe Zoom, Vibe Jitsi will get this update. We did remove the reminder emails in favour of push notifications which provide a better real time notifications and does not slow your site as they are sent by firebase. Earlier version used Zoom scheduling emails via Wordpress cron job and it is totally unreliable. Many times we got complaints that the user did not get email or got email after the event passed. This is because WordPress cron works when someone visits your site. So if you have a Zoom event where you have ~30 participants at 11 Am. And the email is scheduled at 10:30 , if no one visits your site between 10:30 to 11:00, the users will not get email. Also, the user who visits your site at 10:30 will experience an extreme lag because when he opens the site it is sending 30 emails at once. The unreliable Cron is a WordPress limitation. We find many popular plugins still use this strategy which is not good.
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    Hi Mr. Vibe Thank you for replying to me, but unfortunately, your justification is not working from my side. I have push notifications and LIVE notifications, and they don't notify the students before the meeting.
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Currently, zoom reminder is not added but is the user is added to any type of zoom meeting they will able to see the meeting in different tabs like share/group/course
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    Thank you... Clearly I'm asking about "notifications", so my problem is not solved then, and it will not be solved. Great job!
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Sorry but zoom notification is not yet available. If you have any other issues please create a new topic.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Zoom Meetings Reminder and Tabs’ is closed to new replies.