Forum Replies Created
6 years, 5 months ago EmiGrandOuestSpectator
Thanks for your answer.
I did try what you said but the “All” button did not seem to function even though I definitely clicked on it several times and saved it.
Anyway, thanks for your help.6 years, 5 months ago EmiGrandOuestSpectator
Thanks for your reply.
As I said in my question, I had checked my BuddyPress settings before writing to you. I did that again, got the plugin’s newest version but it still does not work.
It would definitely help, please, if you could be more specific in your anwers… or if you could have a look yourself and explain what can be the problem.
Here are the necessary info:
Thanks very much in advance for your help and your time
The 2 extra screens
Thanks for your answer. I couldn’t send screens in the first mail as they were too heavy.
I thought I was clear with the qualification of my 2 problems: the text limitation in a course page and the impossibility for a student to take a quiz althogh it is properly attached to a course
1. Text limitation – It seems to work now. I increase the number of words in excerpt as suggested. I wouldn’t have found it as my problem was with the text in the course page (the article’s text) and not with the excerpt. Please check the 3 screens called CFJM – Text Limit 1,2, 3) and confirm I did the proper setting.
2. – Quiz not clickable – With the 3 other screens attached (Oups… there’s a max number of attachements for this form?), I think you will see the problem. After fixing the course management settings (please check if I did it properly), we created a course which we attached to a proper course. I created a student, Eleve-test and registered it duly for this course. When the Elev-test student logs in, he can see the course in his course list, he can go to the quiz (inserted in the program section) but the quiz cannot be clicked. Please note that we are not using the “paying option”: all our students pay their fees beforehands and the access is then free for them after we provide them with a login and a password.
* website URL: http://www.cfjm.cf/cfjm2015
* login webmaster: CFJM2 – password: CFJM2
* login student: Eleve-test – password: <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Eleve-test</span>
Thanks again for your help
Just an extra information for my queries:
before writing to you, i checked your query base to see if someone had experienced the same problem. I did fix the course management settings, so the problem cannot come from lack of settings on my behalf. In one of your post, you mention “third-party plugins”, what is that? Which are the plugins that “misbehave” with your theme… or vice-versa? How can I keep these functionalities with no interference with your theme?
As for the course page’s text limitation, I did not find anything.
Hope you’ll find some time today to help me fix these problems – I need to liaise with my client on Monday
Should you need a login and password to check whether WPLMS is properly set up, please ask and I will send it by private e-mail.
Thanks for your help
Thanks for your answers.
My questions today:
– the batch addon plugin seems great but is still under development. When will it be available?
– I don’t understand your sentence: “connecting the groups to the course will give link to the group in the course”. Creating a group, inserting people in this group and connecting the group to the course has no effect on the course as the group people do not appear as registered users. What kind of link are you talking about?
– there seems to be a size limit in the course page (see enclosed screen). How can we extend it? I tried to check your Tips section but could not understand exactly if it’s the proper code and where precisely to insert it. Could you help here by sending me the complete code and tell mer where to paste it?
Thanks very much in advance for your help
Thanks for your prompt anwser.
I knew this bulk messaging functionality once participants are added one by one for a course.
My point is this: we have 27 students concerned with a large variety of courses during their first and second year. We want to use the group fonctionnality to register them in bulk to each course (by linking each course to the group). In my understanding, they should then appear as participants automatically (without the hassle of manual registration) so that we can liaise with them. If it’s not automatic, what’s the point/the use of creating a group? How can we achieve that?
Thanks in advance for your help
Thanks for your answers.
I must say I was quite confused when I started reading them. It seems that we don’t understand each other.
What I want to do is quite simple: sending messages to all the participants to a course. We don’t need, at least in the first place, to send an overall message to all registered users on our site, it makes no sense.
I gathered I had to first create a group with all the participants and then there would be a functionality to communicate with this group. It is such an obvious need on a LMS that for me it had to be a built-in functionality. The re should be no need to pay (BuddyPress Group messaging has to be paid for and is expensive) for what should be a standard functionality and not an option.
I gather from your 2 answers… that it is not. Or maybe I don’t understand the relationship between courses and groups:
– when creating a course, we are advised to attach it to a group we would have created beforehands. If we cannot communicate that easily with the group we built, what’s the use of a group for the teacher or the administrator?
– you’re saying: “In the screenshot it seems the course is empty and there are no users subscribed to this course.” Again:1°) I first created a group and added manually 27 people in it 2°) I attached this group to a course. In my understanding, these people should then appear as (fully registered) students for this course. Why isn’t it so? It is not logical for me;
– last, you’re saying: “Now, BuddyPress groups is a BuddyPress functionality and this is not yet built in the groups section.” I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean here. Can you be clearer on that point?
One last thing: please keep in mind that we, non-English speakers are faced with 2 difficulties. English is not our mother tongue and it also deals with technical issues…which is not our specialty either as members of the general public. You did a great deal by producing video tutorials… but they are in English again and at times difficult to follow. A solution? Translation of your theme and/or chat sessions (or Skype support) which could be more effective than long e-mails.
Thanks in advance for your answers
Thanks for this prompt anwser.
I found the way to your screen but… what do you mean by “all users”? Everybody registered on the website? That’s not what we want: we want to send a message to all the members of a specific group. That was the idea for us of sending messages to a group attached to one specific course… or what is the point of creating a group?
Thanks for your answers
Thanks for your anwser.
That’s precisely the problem: the users do not appear in the central part of the course page even though a group with its members is duly registered (see enclosed screen). There seems to be a bug somewhere, no commection between the members of the group and the registered users.
Thanks in advance for your help