So, After Releasing wplms 4.0 a lot of users asked these common questions which I am going to list down below:
Q1: What if My Site is Live and I upgrade the version from 3.9.9 to 4.0. Will I lose my data?
Answer: NO, your data will not be lost because we are not updating the WordPress or anything like that, the course, units and other things you created will be safe because all the data stored in database tables and tables are not updating in the process
But still, if you are afraid, you can keep a backup of your site
Q2: How to upgrade the version?
Answer: The process is simple, just follow the automatic update method: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/auto-updating-wplms/
and you will receive update for wplms 4.0 and then follow the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_x-HOMItL8&list=PL8n4TGA_rwD_5jqsgXIxXOk1H6ar-SVCV&index=3&t=0s
Q3: Not Seeing Buddypress Components in Profile Section
Answer: Please Go to wp-admin > Appearance > Menus > and check this checkbox: http://prntscr.com/tk32j7
Enable these CSS classes as well if you want the class attribute to appear
Now all Buddypress Components will be visible here
Q4: Why I am not seeing the menus in the profile, menus are already set
Answer: There could be two reasons for this:
- The layout need to be selected as a blank layout, Go to wp-admin > Appearance > Customize > Layouts and select Blank Layout for Profile
- The menus are not loading so do this way: after profile link add ?reload_nav=1 and hit the URL, then check
Q5: How to show These Logins in our wplms 4.0 ?
Answer: Follow these steps below:
- Go to https://firebase.google.com/
- Click Here: http://prntscr.com/tk4ncb
- And Create a project by clicking add Project
- Then it will land you on this page: http://prntscr.com/tk4or0
- To enable Emails, simply enable this : http://prntscr.com/tk4u33
- Now for Google Login, first click on Project overview: http://prntscr.com/tk4v8x
- Then Click on Settings(an icon present besides your Project Name): http://prntscr.com/tk4vs5
- Your APP iD, Secret Automatically created by Firebase, scroll down the page and find this: http://prntscr.com/tk4woi
- Now Add this COnfiguration in Vibebp – Settings – http://prntscr.com/tk4yxb
Q5 Login is not working in Incognito Mode in version 4.0?
Answer: We are fetching the data from local storage and that’s why in Incognito mode there is no data available in LocalStorage so it will not work. On page reload, it will be removed
Q6: Why LMS is invisible as soon as we upgraded to the new version?
Answer: The issue is fixed in 4.03 version. The issue was if EventOn and WPLMS EventOn is activated, there was an issue user experiencing of fatal error. So when you deactivate the plugins. The LMS starts showing again
Q7: How To update Vibebp and wplms_plugin? It is not showing any notice
In dashboard section, it will show like this. Here Add your theme purchase code and then check in updates section. If you have the old version of these two plugins installed on your site. You will get the notice of plugin update after this
Q8: How to translate All these texts Shown in the popup while login?
Answer: No need to translate these texts, you can easily change these texts from wp-admin > Vibebp > Settings
Q9: How to Translate Profile Menus?
Answer: You can change the label names from wp-admin > appearance > menus >
Now comes the second part, how to change these labels:
To change these, you have to translate it first via Loco Translate Plugin. Once translated, it will not show the translations instantly. So what you have to do is add this: reload_nav=1
To reload the components with translated strings again :
Click on Refresh BuddyPress Nav from WP admin – Vibebp – Settings – BuddyPress
Like on my test setup, it will be: http://localhost/wplms/members/admin/?reload_nav=1
Customizer Appears blank after running setup wizard
If the customizer is appearing blank, please go to WP admin – Appearance – Menus and set menus at proper locations. In some cases there is a redundant menu entry which is causing the customiser to not run.