Create Course button showing only on certain accounts

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Create Course button showing only on certain accounts

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    narae25
    Participant
    Hello. I've used the test email and logged in, but I couldn't find the "Create Course" button. However, with my original Wordpress account as instructor/administrator, I could see the "Create Course" button.  I'm not sure how the new users would be able to create a course if my test email did not work. Could you help me out? I looked on the forum but couldn't find the answer..   Thank you so much.
    Diana
    Participant
    @narae25 You can find create course button at two places Either in the course directory or in the profile section. But this button will be visible to only that user who has the capability such as administrators and instructors. In the course directory there are few layouts on which this option is visible so you can check by switching the layout from wp-admin > Appearance > Customize > Layouts > Directory Layout Other option is to enable create course option so that it will be visible in the profile section from wp-admin > LMS > Create Course in Profile
    narae25
    Participant
    I understand that only admins and instructors are capable of Creating Course. However, even though I set "instructor" as the default user role on registration form, the new users still are "students" when I check at Users section. I would like all the new users to be instructors. I'm not sure where the problem is exactly, since I've already assigned the user role as "instructor" on the registration form.
    Diana
    Participant
    @narae25, If the default role is set as an instructor then something is missing. Can I check on your site? Please provide valid admin credentials with site URL and make sure to mark your reply as private while sharing this information
    narae25
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    narae25
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Create Course button showing only on certain accounts’ is closed to new replies.