Filtering Dynamic Quiz Questions

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Filtering Dynamic Quiz Questions

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    armerdesign
    Spectator
    Hi, I am creating a QBank system for a client. The user creates the Question Bank dynamically based upon a number of selections. I need help/assistance on a specific filter (QUESTION STATUS) which allows the user to select from the following: - All / none - Unused - Used and Correct - Used and Incorrect The user needs to select at least one option (All is default and will allow all questions answered correctly or incorrectly including unused). Two options can be selected for instance Unused and Used and Correct OR Unused and Used and Incorrect. Is this possible using the current plugin or does it require development? If development is required, please can you advise on costs/timescale. Thanks in advance
    Diana
    Participant
    These 4 options which you mentioned above, are the options available for the questions? Or this is going to be a filter for questions, through which you can filter out quiz questions?
    armerdesign
    Spectator
    Hi Thanks for the reply, This is going to be a filter for questions, which you can filter out quiz questions. For Example: If a user selects "unused" in the filter section, the question bank would only select questions that the user has previously not answered. Is this something that you can create. How much would this cost and how long would it take? We are very eager to get this completed. Thanks Luke
    armerdesign
    Spectator
    Hi Do you have any update on wether this is possible and costings/timescale as I am wanting this to be done asap Thanks again
    Diana
    Participant
    I didn't mention that we will take this customization because it needs to be add in the core functionality. You can create a feature request for this, because everything is created in react js, and a custom plugin won't work here
    armerdesign
    Spectator
    We are not looking for a feature request. We have a budget of £200-£300 for the work to be done independently. Please can you let me know if you are able to do this and how much? We need this doing asap.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    this is possible but certain restrictions. We also have this plugin : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-user-generated-quiz/ Consider below as developer notes if you do not understand it is fine for our understanding. We will maintain question status : 1,2,3,4 (numeric easier to compare, less memory consumption) 1 – All / none 2 – Unused 3 – Used and Correct 4 – Used and Incorrect now in WPLMS v4 we're not maintaining individual user's question answer status, so we have to add code to the hook : do_action('wplms_submit_quiz',$post['quiz_id'],$this->user_id,$results); where $results is the array which holds the quiz attempts :
    $result = array(
    							'content'=>$question_content,
    							'type'=>$res['type'],
    							'marked_answer'=>$res['marked'],
    							'correct_answer'=>$res['correct'],
    							'explaination'=>$res['explanation'],
    							'max_marks'=>$res['marks'],
    							'marks'=>$res['user_marks'],
    							'raw' => $res
    						);
    We will store the user's attempt in user-meta and compare if the question is marked by the user update the status, so that direct query can be made. Next we have the dynamic quiz generation which comes with a filter :
    $args = apply_filters('bp_course_dynamic_quiz_tag_questions',array(
    		                'post_type' => 'question',
    		                'orderby' => 'rand', 
    		                'posts_per_page' => $number,
    		                'tax_query' => array(
    		                  	array(
    		                    	'taxonomy' => 'question-tag',
    		                    	'field' => 'id',
    		                    	'terms' => $tags,
    		                    	'operator' => 'IN'
    		                  	),
    		                )
    			        ),$alltags);
    and here we need to combine the query for fetching the user-status based on the form that you are creating.
    armerdesign
    Spectator
    Mr Vibe: Thanks for the information. I have further questions , in which i can provide you with URL and login to my website. Can i please have your email/skype details so i can contact you directly Much appreciated Luke
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.