Translation doesn't show up (Loco translator)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Translation doesn't show up (Loco translator)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    evkatsig
    Spectator
    Hello, I'm using the loco translate plugin on wplms since they are compatible as far as i know.. I looked up in the server for the .po and .mo files and they are added. Also the translation has been saved in those files properly.. I ve noticed that when multiple languages are available (for the front-end of the site for example) the translation doesnt' show up. For plugins (such woo commerce) that only one language is available the translation does indeed show up.. when the site's language is turned to english (us) the translation shows just fine.. (from the en_us.po file) when the site's language is turned to another language.. greek (el) for instance, translation does NOT show.. (from the gr_el.po file) for plugins that only have the .pot and only ONE .po file translation shows just fine either way.. !!! I ll also attach some screenshots of the back-end of the site.. Thanks.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thanks, I am also creating a full video tutorial for Loco Translate plugin this week. Meanwhile, the screenshots suggest that something is not working as expected here. I will try this right now and let you know my findings in my next reply.
    evkatsig
    Spectator
    Thanks.. i am in the middle of translating my site and i am looking forward to a response..
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    When  I set the language to greek el_GR. The translations are applied from the plugins and the theme. http://prntscr.com/brx3vk   The greek translations are not 100% so, the translations apply only for the string for which they're available.   Please clarify if I missed something. Also make sure you've updated the theme to version 2.1.1 , there was a bug related to loco translate which was fixed in the latest release.  
    evkatsig
    Spectator
    Thanks.. When  I set the language to greek el_GR the translations are NOT applied from some of the plugins and the theme. take the next image as an example..I have translated "Validate" using loco but translation does not show up.. I looked up in the server for the .po and .mo files loco generated and they are added. It's obvious that the greek translation is not 100% but still items translated should be rendered by the browser right? "when the site's language is turned to english (us) the translation shows just fine.. (from the en_us.po file) i find that really weird.. Any ideas on how i could fix this? Thanks.. ** Theme's version is indeed 2.1.1.. watch second image.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
      I have replicated the issue on my test setup, thanks for reporting this to us. I'll debug this issue and let you know the fix as soon as possible.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok here are my findings: The codestyling plugin accespts "el_GR" prefix and hence the translation works fine if you use codestyling plugin. But loco translate plugin do not accepts "el_GR" prefix and it accepts "el" prefix only. Therefore please follow these steps: 1) Please go to wp-content->themes->wplms->languages folder. 2) Now copy "el_GR.mo" and "el_GR.po" files from this folder. 3) Now go to wp-content->languages->themes folder. 4) Now paste both these files here. 5) Now rename both the files to "vibe-el.mo" and "vibe-el.po".   Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.
    evkatsig
    Spectator
    Hello.. It actually did work..so confirm a couple of things for me please.. 1. Themes translations
    • should be stored in wp-content/languages/themes
    • wplms' translation in particular should be named vibe-el.po and vibe-el.mo
    2. Plugin translations
    • should be stored in wp-content/languages/plugins
    • plugins' translation should be named something like bbpress-el.po and bbpress.mo for example..
    * wplms-front-end is a plugin BUT wplms-front-end-el.po  and wplms-front-end-el.mo are NOT stored in wp-content/languages/plugins. Is that ok? Where should they be stored? ** Is this configuration safe from updates? I am looking forward for your response, i am confident that it will help many of your customers.. Thanks..
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) Yes the wplms theme translation files are saved as vibe-el.mo and vibe-el.po The translation files are always saved as "text_domain-translation_prefix.mo" and "text_domain-translation_prefix.po". The translation_prefix in your case is el and the wplms theme text_domain is vibe, therefore the translation file saved is vibe-el.mo and vibe-el.po. 2) The plugins translation files should also be kept in the wp-content/languages/plugins folder. It also follows the same rule "text_domain-translation_prefix.mo/.po" 3) The wp-content/languages folder is never updated so you don't loose any files even after updating the theme or plugins.    
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation doesn't show up (Loco translator)’ is closed to new replies.