Access Denied on all Pages in Modern Theme

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Access Denied on all Pages in Modern Theme

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    Not logged users get access restriction to all pages except the course directory in Modern child 1.2? It is caused by restrict_edit_course_page function in include/init.php. This bug appeared after 1.2. update. How to fix this?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    No that is not true. I can access this page without being logged in . http://themes.vibethemes.com/wplms/skins/modern/page-builder-page/ It would be great if you can specifically tell which page is showing the access denied error other than (Course Stats, Edit Course and units).  
    Vladislav
    Spectator
    I have the same problem -after update in all pages for not logged users <span style="color: #444444; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px;">Access denied </span> https://yadi.sk/i/eNYZPBdfkesiq
    Vladislav
    Spectator
    After dances with a tambourine the site opened. Few times I changed themes
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We could not replicate the issue at our end ever ,can you please try deacivating the third party plugin and check the issue again  ..
    isigma
    Spectator
    It blocks access to all all pages, including the homepage on all browsers. The exception is Classes directory (+classes pages). This started after modern 1.2. Here is what I've done to check it: - Switched to white theme - NO problem - Switched to Modern 1.1 - No problem - Switched only one file in Modern 1.2  - No problem then I found the exact function in init.php, that causes the restriction - restrict_edit_course_page.
    isigma
    Spectator
    Akismet All In One SEO Pack     bbPress     BP Profile Cover     BuddyPress     BuddyPress Social Connect   Co-Authors Plus     Contact Form 7       EventON   EventON - Event Tickets EventON - RSVP Events     LayerSlider WP   myCRED         Vibe Course Module     Vibe Custom Types   Vibe ShortCodes   WooCommerce     WP Google Map Plugin     WPLMS Assignments WPLMS CoAuthor Plus Add-On   WPLMS Customizer Plugin WPLMS Dashboard     WPLMS EventOn WPLMS Front End   WPLMS MyCred ADDON    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please share admin credentials and site url to check the issue at your end . PS  : marks reply private while sharing the info .
    badcannon
    Participant
    Hi I am having the same issue. I get access denied to everyone except logged in admin.   studynavy.com ui:vibe pass: vibe$
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @badcannon : Unable to login using above credentials. @isigma: The function checks if a logged in "Student" (not instructor, not administrator) is trying to access the edit course page. The Edit course page is available for Instructors and Administrators and not for regular students. If you want to make a particular user an Instructor, please edit the user in WP Admin - Users section and set the user role of the user to "Instructor" If you want all registering users to be able to create and edit courses, go to WP Admin - Settings - General - Default user role , set this as "instructor". Let me know if this clarifies your issue.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Ok, on second thoughts I think I got the issue, we can term this as a bug in Modern theme but The bug will appear only when you've not configured the "Edit course " page. Quick fix : Go to WP Admin - WPLMS - Course manager - Create/Edit Course page and connect any page (put content in page as [edit_course] ) in this setting.  
    isigma
    Spectator
    Adding the Edit Course Page solved the issue.
    badcannon
    Participant
    Yes it did. Thank you
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Access Denied on all Pages in Modern Theme’ is closed to new replies.