Activation email not working in the new upgrade

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues Activation email not working in the new upgrade

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    Hello, I have upgraded to the latest version as of today. New User Activation email is not working.I have also set up WP Mail SMTP. 1.I have Activation Email available in LMS Settings. 2.Do i have to still use wplms customizer.php plugin, because if i try to upload the wplms customizer , i am getting this warning. Constant ‘bp_email_use_wp_mail’ - assumed '‘bp_email_use_wp_mail’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/dev.evalbi.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wplms-customizer/wplms-customizer.php on line 72 Please suggest how to debug this issue. Regards Raghav
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    Can anyone please look into this.Thanks!
    Diana
    Participant
    First, do check if wordpress default forgot password email is working or not on your site? Are you able to receive that email or not and then we will proceed further
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    Hello Diana, The forgot password email is not working i.e. not receiving an email. Thanks Additional Information not sure if it helps, 1.when i try to do a test email from wp mail smtp, I receive the email. 2.If I confirm/activate the email of the student through dashboard/wp-admin, the student does not get the email, but i(admin) gets an email that a new user is registered. Regards Raghav
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    Okay, please share your site URL and admin credentials I will check this activation email issue. Make sure to mark your reply as private while sharing credentials
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
    I tried registering on your site but didn't received activation email. Then I tried to check if email of default wordpress functionality forgot password is working or not So that is not working as well. Please contact your webhost and ask him if they are blocking wp_mail function
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
    Please check this article: http://wplms.io/documentation/administration/registrations.html#emails There is a known bug in BuddyPress version 6.2.0 with WP 5.5 or more. Please make sure your BuddyPress version is 6.3.0 or more for WP 5.5 setups
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    I have tried every option, but nothing is working..I am not really sure what to do...i see every email flowing except the activation one.
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    Any updates for me or can you please prioritize this bug, this can be a very important one for sites in production with lot of users, are there any programmatic alternatives?
    raghavbi
    Spectator
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The issue must be buddypress cache. http://wplms.io/documentation/administration/faq.html#inconsitencies We are still completing the documentation.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Activation email not working in the new upgrade’ is closed to new replies.