Attendance with course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Attendance with course

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aamirpsy
    Spectator
    i need attendance in the course. can you guide me, how can mange attendance of students or any plugin.
    1. how can print attendance

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please share more details on this how the attendance will be counted ?Does teacher will manually mark the attendance or it will be student who will mark attendance ? And where (on which page ?)will be this attendance marking should we add ? Right now we are recording unit completion  time .Can we  use that as attendance ?
    mikaelalouve
    Spectator
    Alex I think both options should be available; an option where the teacher can mark the attendance if a student forgets to click present for the day. Students, however, should be primarily responsible for marking their attendance. To prevent "fake" attendance a student should be forced to perform an action that is selected by the instructor. For example, student should respond to a daily question, or mini quiz, and upon submitting can be then be marked present for the day. Would unit completion work for attendance if each day is a unit and there are 45 units (days) that must be completed? I would need to show that the unit was completed late because student was absent and made up the work later. Is this possible?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We have planned to add the batch specific attendence in wplms batches addon plugin. In courses we do not have calendar so we cannot add the attendance in courses but we already have calendar in the batches so will add the attendance feature using the calendar in the wplms batches plugin.
    RooterHero
    Participant
    This feature would be extremely helpful to have with the ability to display and print the attendance for any given course or student. An attendance feature would make this theme better suited for academic systems people wish to create that monitor and track attendance as a prerequisite for completing courses or certifications online. Please make this feature a reality soon. Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes we will be developing this feature in the wplms batches addon. Track this link: https://trello.com/c/57n1w5DA
    starcatchers
    Spectator
    Is there a function which I can connect my card reader to the attendance system so students can take attendance simply tapping their student cards on the reader?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sorry there is no such function available as of now . Please create a feature request for this here : https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/
    Nadya
    Participant
    Please advice when it will be available in batch plugin?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hello @Nadya We are working on this functionality and we will provide separate plugin for this.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendance with course’ is closed to new replies.