course button tablet issues

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues course button tablet issues

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I've been live for 3 months now and the most issues/questions I get is that students have the idea that they can't open the quizes... Because my vids and slides are free, they are clickable from the course page. For everything else (actually, including vid and slides) you have to hit the course button and start the course. But on the iPad it's aaaaaaaaaaall the way at the bottom ;) See screenshot. Is it possible to move it up between the course description and the curriculum overview?
    logan

Hey,

There are two solutions to this:

Using Code: 

Yes, I can share the code with you. After that, you can show the button wherever you want in mobile view because I will trigger the code at a particular action(point). either I can show a button which will be a duplicate of the original button and the original button will not be removed. So you'll see two buttons. both the buttons will appear in the frontend and is visible to users as well. 

This will show the course button above the course description.

add_action('wplms_before_course_description', 'show_the_course_button');

function show_the_course_button(){

echo the_course_button();

}

If you want to show the button below the course description then use this code

add_action('wplms_after_course_description', 'show_the_course_button');

function show_the_course_button(){

echo the_course_button();

}

Paste the code in wp-admin > Plugins > Editor > Select WPLMS Customizer Plugin > wplms-customizer.php

Another Alternative:

Refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/tabs-style-in-course-menu-with-custom-sections/

So users need not scroll for any content in mobile view because it gives a tab style layout

*we can try hiding another button in desktop mode by using custom css.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I think adding code works best for me. And then underneath the description. I checked, it works. New questions:
    • Is it possible this extra button is only visible on tablets and phones?

• How can I change the width?

• How can I change the colors, both normal and hovering?

Thanks!

MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Does this code you suggested two years ago still work? link
    Ava
    great searching skills there  :) Yes this might work the same for you : https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/tips-add-another-take-this-course-button-to-the-course/#post-69203
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Both codes lose their course button when you hold the mobile/tablet horizontal. Why?
    Ava
    Please share the URL of the page. We will have a look.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I have deactivated the code (which I found in an older post) because it looks messy to have to course buttons on 1 page. But I will activate the code (which I found in an older post) now. Then it's visible at any course page using TABLET or MOBILE. Start here and just pick one... I'll deactivate the code for the course button in two hours.   Thanks.
    logan
    Hey, Please let me know these:
    1. the codes given by me was working fine?
    2. the another code by hk latiyan sir, remove that code.
    3. apply my codes and let me know. so that i can check the classes and ids. i will try to fix the styling issues then by using jquery and css.
    waiting for response.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I did what you asked me to. And you're right; your button does stick when holding device horizontal. Can you also make sure it's only a button you see on tablets and phones? Not laptop or PC.   Thanks, Logan.   Gijs
    logan
    Hello, Add this code into your customize > custom css.  @media(min-width: 991px){.single-course div#buddypress div#item-body input.course_button.full.button {display: none !Important;}} refer: Good luck.  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Worked like a charm! You're on a roll here, Logan. You can close this one.
    logan
    Hey,

Thank you for those kind words. We aim to improve the usability of our customer's web-sites and we are glad to have made a contribution.

If you find our information to be helpful & you wouldn’t mind leaving a review, we would really appreciate that! Here: https://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/reviews/6780226 Thanks & Regards :)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘course button tablet issues’ is closed to new replies.