Creating a Course needs a product?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Creating a Course needs a product?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    weyre
    Spectator
    I must admit to being a bit confused. When I create a course I need to tie it to a Product or else that course shows up as Private.  So, am I  to understand that for every course, there needs to be a corresponding product setup? I'm not quite sure I understand why this is needed and I can't seem to find any explanation as to why this is required or it remains private. Thanks Wade
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    No, this is not at all required unless you want to sell the courses you've built. You can create courses and do not connect to any product. If these courses are not "Free" then these courses will appear as private, which means only an instructor can manually add students to these courses from Course - Admin area. WPLMS is a LMS and has all the Course management, Student management and authoring tools, but for payments it relies on third party integration. WooCommerce is the best ecommerce plugin for WordPress. So, to sell a course, you can tie a course with a WooCommerce product. So when the product sells the purchaser of the product gets access to the course.   Let me know if this is still not clear.    
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a Course needs a product?’ is closed to new replies.