Current Year in Copyright Footer

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Current Year in Copyright Footer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mkeen
    Spectator
    Hi: I currently hardcoded the Year in WPLMS Footer - Copyright. However, I would like to dynamically display the current year and tried with php code, but it did not work. How do I have the copyright footer display current year automatically? Thanks for the help. Best Regards,
    Mike
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry this is not possible. You have to manually change it.
    caseyh
    Participant
    I'm interested in doing this, too, on instinctivecognition.com I'd like to use a version of this php code I found here: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-a-dynamic-copyright-date-in-wordpress-footer/ It instructs to place the following in functions.php:
    function comicpress_copyright() {
    global $wpdb;
    $copyright_dates = $wpdb->get_results("
    SELECT
    YEAR(min(post_date_gmt)) AS firstdate,
    YEAR(max(post_date_gmt)) AS lastdate
    FROM
    $wpdb->posts
    WHERE
    post_status = 'publish'
    ");
    $output = '';
    if($copyright_dates) {
    $copyright = "© " . $copyright_dates[0]->firstdate;
    if($copyright_dates[0]->firstdate != $copyright_dates[0]->lastdate) {
    $copyright .= '-' . $copyright_dates[0]->lastdate;
    }
    $output = $copyright;
    }
    return $output;
    }
    And then to place this (edited for display) call in footer.php:
    < ? php echo comicpress_copyright(); ? >

However, when I try that this new copyright notice displays below the theme's footer and looks terrible. Is there some other theme file I could edit to drop in that comicpress_copyright() call so that it displays where it's supposed to? I tried putting this similar JavaScript version, which I've used on other non-Wordpress sites, in the WPLMS options > Footer text editor, but it didn't work. Can I put JavaScript or PHP is the WPLMS options Footer text editor somehow? Or can you point out the theme file I'd need to edit to drop it in?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    In the wplms 2.8 version releasing within a day or two we are adding a shortcode which will give the current date, year . So after update you can use the shortcode instead.
    caseyh
    Participant
    Cool. I'll look forward to it. Thank you!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes, sure.
    MzPlatinum
    Participant
    Hi there, I see the shortcode listed in the 2.8 update log [vibe_current_date] ... the shortcode displays on my site like this: <span style="color: #444444; font-family: Varela; font-size: 14px; text-transform: uppercase;">2018/04/06 </span> How do I customize it so it only shows the year?
    Diana
    Participant
    @MzPlatinum, Please paste this code in wp-admin > Plugins > editor > Select WPLMS Customizer plugin > wplms-customizer.php add_shortcode('vibe_current_date_with_year','vibe_current_date_with_year'); function vibe_current_date_with_year($atts, $content = null){ extract(shortcode_atts(array( 'format' => 'Y', ), $atts)); $return = date($format); return $return; } Then add a text widget in footer sider and paste this shortcode : [vibe_current_date_with_year] This will display only the current year And Please create your own topic for your own issues.  
    MzPlatinum
    Participant
    Thank you! That worked. I'll open up my own a topics as well.
    Diana
    Participant
    @MzPlatinum, Thanks for confirmation
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Current Year in Copyright Footer’ is closed to new replies.