custom registration form issue (double forms)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting custom registration form issue (double forms)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    waytogo
    Spectator
    Hello wplms-team. If I connect a page with buddypress => pages and put on this page the shortcode for a custom registration form, then for sure I get the standard form (buddypress) plus the custom form shown on this page. How can I hide the standard form because every page I connect with buddypress as a registration page will always have this standard form on it but I only want my new custom registration form. This important information is unfortunately not shown on your instructing video. Perhaps you should add this to the video you posted. My goal is to click on the login menu and there the sign up button, then the register page (set in buddypress pages) is opened and there I would like to have my custom form.
    Diana
    Participant
    @waytogo, In wplms we have two types of forms
    1. Buddypress registration form

2. WPLMS Custom registration Form

With WPLMS custom Registration form you are already aware of. If you do not want to use the custom registration form. You can use the BuddyPress registration Form. You need not to connect a registration page in wp-admin > WPLMS > BuddyPress > Custom Registration Page. You can customize this Buddypress Registration Page as well. Please check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTyHuphnJrE

waytogo
    Spectator
    But the registration form which is connected mit the Login Pop Up "Sign up" is always the one which I have to choose buddypress => pages. So if I don't select a page in buddypress => pages, I don't get a link for the sign up button in the login popup. So again. I have selected the page "register" in buddypress => pages and I have entered the shortcode of the custom form in this page "register". After that I get a page with two registration forms, the standard form and the custom form but I only would like to see the custom form. Can you please try this on your system So please tell me step by step how to connect  a page with the shortcode of the custom form on it with the button "Sign up" of the login pop up window.
    waytogo
    Spectator
    I found out where my mistake was. I placed the shortcode in the standard registration form of buddypress but didn't see that there is under WPLMS => Buddypress => Custom Registration Page the possibility to assign a new page which leads to the fact that the "Sign Up" Button will be redirected to this new page where I have to place the shortcode of the custom registration form. Would be helpful if this would be a hint text under LMS => Custom registration form that if after having set a custom registration form that you also have to enter a page with the shortcode under WPLMS => Buddypress
    Diana
    Participant
    @waytogo, That's Great you have searched about this. That's what i was talking about in my post. So Can we close this topic?
    waytogo
    Spectator
    yes, thank you.
    Diana
    Participant
    @waytogo Thank for confirming. Closing the topic
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘custom registration form issue (double forms)’ is closed to new replies.