Disable the 'start the quiz' pop-up

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Disable the 'start the quiz' pop-up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wooya921
    Spectator
    dear support, how can we disable this confirmation pop-up? So users can right start into the quiz without this pop-up?
    ieltsdojo
    Participant
    I'd like to know this too. Did you find out?
    ieltsdojo
    Participant
    I think I worked this out - try unchecking the 'Quizzes open inside course like units' in LMS > Settings > General. Seems to have worked although don't really know what this setting means.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Not sure why you would want to remove this. Following are the reasons why we have this popup : a. Users can accidentally click on start/submit quiz button. b. Once started there is no way to pause the quiz. c. The quiz timer once started would send notifications and auto-submit the quiz on time expiry. Hope this explains why we do not want to remove the popup.
    ieltsdojo
    Participant
    Thanks for the explanation. I would argue that there should be an option to remove this as it appears to be a superfluous step. At the moment the flow to take a quiz is: Course Page > Course start page (default - Course Status) > Quiz page > Prompt > Question It seems one step too many. If  'Quizzes open inside course like units'  is unchecked the flow is Course Page > Course start page (default - Course Status) > Quiz page with Start Quiz button below > 2nd Quiz page with Start Quiz button on right > Question Which is still one step too many for my use case. Apologies for hijacking @wooya921's question. Hope this is what they were meaning too. I understand your arguments. Is it possible to allow a user to retake a quiz if they start by accident. IJ
    wooya921
    Spectator
    How can we remove it. I also think it's really unuseful. I also explained it's not possible to translate it. So how can we remove it now?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
      Course Page > Course start page (default - Course Status) > Quiz page > Prompt > Question The prompt is a confirmation, not a step. I am sure that if we remove this there will be a lot of queries to add it. Unfortunately this can not be done as of now.   Yes it can be translated : These texts are in vibe course module plugin . Please refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-codestyling-localization-plugin/
    wooya921
    Spectator
    Thanks Alex for solution for the translation of the confirmation box! just a quick request - is it also possible to translate the buttons then? right now we do have one button in german and one in englisch, but we´d like to have both in german
    sandy
    Yes, please check Vibe course module file for this translation. Hope this helps.
    wooya921
    Spectator
    awesome thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Marking as resolved and closing the topic .
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable the 'start the quiz' pop-up’ is closed to new replies.