Elastic Search / Elastic Press integration

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Elastic Search / Elastic Press integration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Hello, We are currently over 300+ courses, and want to integrate Elastic Search into our environment, to speed up search opportunities and improve the search results. I've installed ElasticPress to do this, linked it with a seperate instance of ElasticSearch through their own program. It is functioning and it looks like some queries are run through the elastic search. However, it looks like the results are being overruled by WPLMS results sometimes. We use the standard all-courses page. Could  you point me to what to edit to make sure the search results given by ElasticPress will be shown? Or could you check on how to integrate this? The documentation regarding the possibilities with the Elasticpress plugin: https://github.com/10up/ElasticPress#elasticpress-indexables It's definitely that will be of added value to us and the users. It shouldn't be to difficult (probably only adding  'ep_integrate'   => true, to the query options of WPLMS). Thanks in advance!
    Mk
    Sorry sir, currently elastic search is not available in wplms as of now.
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Hello, Thanks for the response. Hm thats a shame, it would be something that would be really helpfull for us. We'd be happy to let you work on it as a custom integration and pay extra for it. It would give the power for us to actually show relevant search results and therefore be way more usefull for our students. Is it something you could do as a custom job?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes it would be really cool to have that fast and flexible searching . We will take a look into it and would try to integrate it.
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Thanks Alex, happy to contribute to the dev costs if that will speed up the process :). We'll also keep on researching the possibilities ourselves, I think it should be a fairly easy process to let the search be run through Elastic Search. The ElasticPress plugin is a great (free) base to start with, and has some possibilities to extend. It's easy to set-up the ElasticSearch; and the plugin makes it easy to integrate with it - without needing to code everything again! Let me know if we can be of any help!
    Mk
    Sure, our development team is busy with the upcoming updates. we have added this in our upcoming development queue. We will inform you about the update.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Elastic Search / Elastic Press integration’ is closed to new replies.