hot linking and download

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS S3 hot linking and download

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    snjong
    Participant
    Hi Vibe, I have purchased and using WPLMS S3. May I know why the user still can download the video? As I know WPLMS S3 can restricts Hot linking, users can not share the link to watch or download material. But after I upload the video, user still can download and the hot linking also not work, after a few minute, the linking still active. May I know why this happened?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    a. Check the video resource you've uploaded and make sure it is not public. The resource is available for the time period you've set in the shortcode, after which it expires, so if the user can download it within the timeframe you've set for the video but hotlinking is not possible. Please share a link with this issue if possible.  
    snjong
    Participant
    Hi Mr. Vibe, The video resources is uploaded through the WPLMS S3 and it was not public when I checked it in Amazon S3. But it still can be downloaded and sometimes will keep showing error loading of resources. Besides, may I know why I can't update the WPLMS S3 plugin? I updated it many times already, but still remain at the previous version not the latest version.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The update is currently a bug, just check if you have the latest version , the current version and the update version both are displayed in the settings, so ignore the update if your plugin version is 1.2.2
    snjong
    Participant
    Hi Mr.Vibe, How about the hot linking and downloaded? Why it still can be downloaded?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The "update issue" has been resolved.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    No, this is not available as of now. Softwares like IDM and VideoDownloaders can even download media files from popular private video hosting sites like Vimeo/Wistia, so as of now there is no popular fix avaialble for this, but we've recorded this request and will keep on searching for a reliable answer to resolve this important issue.
    snjong
    Participant
    Hi Mr Vibe, May I know how to refund since I brought this plugin is for this purpose? And it was stated in your website as shown in the attachment below.
    Machining
    Spectator
    Hi, Mr. Vive I've bought this WPLMS s3 plugin. It would be better if all user's uploaded pictures could be transferred into amazon s3 bucket directly. Can you suggest any ?
    nitinmonga
    Spectator
    Hi, I have not been able to buy premium plugings: S3 & Batches.   Can you please advise. I am from India and tried using India credit card. PayU doesn't allow me to make the transaction & Paypal gives me error & deducts $1 from my credit card each time. screenshot attached.   Please advise. Thanks Nitin  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    hi nitin, I am sure this has been a real pain for us as well. We'll try to get a work around this week.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘hot linking and download’ is closed to new replies.