How to disable editor access for Instructors

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to disable editor access for Instructors

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Previmotion
    Spectator
    Hey! Our Instructor-Roles are just used for observising stats and progresses of different courses and their assigned students. With the Co-Author plugin I already implemented the possibility to submit Instructors to existing courses. I also restricted access to the backend and I hid the Admin bar for Instructors. Everything fine. But I have still the "edit course" button in the front end for the Instructors and every Instructor can access the front end editor. How can I avoid the course editing by Instructors the clearest and securest way? https://imgur.com/a/5u0946C (don't be confused by the German language, the marked button says "edit course") Thank you. Regards Tobi  
    logan
    hello, Please paste this snippets in your wp-admin >> plugins >> editor >> wplms-customizer plugin >> wplms-customizer.php  Or in Please add this code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin by using your FTP/SFTP/cpanel: it will hide edit tab for instructors. only admin will be able to check frontend. add_action('init','remove_edit_course_for_instructor',999); function remove_edit_course_for_instructor(){ if(!current_user_can('manage_options') || !is_user_logged_in()){ if(class_exists('WPLMS_Front_End')){ $frontend = WPLMS_Front_End::instance(); remove_action('bp_course_options_nav',array($frontend,'wplms_edit_course_menu_link')); } } }
    Previmotion
    Spectator
    Thanks a lot, for your fast help. Worked fine!
    logan

Dear Friend,

Glad you’re enjoying the theme & support – thanks for using it! 🙂

Please write your review. I would really appreciate that! Here: https://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/reviews/6780226

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Closing this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to disable editor access for Instructors’ is closed to new replies.