Instructor can see all activity of site

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Instructor can see all activity of site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi, I just got notified that one of our instructors can see the entire acitivity stream when she clicks on acitivity in her online courses. This is strange. As in the wpms settings we have only enabled instructors to see the activity or their own course. Strange this is this happens for some, BUT no all instructors. How is this possible? And more importantly how to be sure that instructors only see the activity that is connected to them? Kind regards
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hello, Well if you want  instructor only see the activities of course which is connected to that instructor. To do this go to WP-Admin -> WPLMS -> buddypress ->change the settings in Screenshot and then go to WP- ADmion -> LMS -> Settings -> Course Menu -> Activity ->Change  Privacy to Instructors. Refer : http://prntscr.com/i5aj1g
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Thanks for the quick response. Thing is, these are the settings that I already have! Only difference is that I have ADMIN ONLY in the buddypress section. Would this be the issue?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Yes, this would be the issue, please change this setting to Instructor and then check.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Checked, but still instructor sees activity of other courses. If I look into the activty of the instructors course I do see only the activity of that course. Seems that something is wrong with her account? Pretty in the dark here. what could be the issue? Kind regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, I checked the code for this, yes you are correct the instructors can see the activity of other courses also. Currently, we restrict the activity view according to the user role and not by the author. So right now it's not possible but I am marking this as a bug and will fix this .
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi, Has this bug been fixed? because I am currently facing this issue as well? Please confirm thanks
    logan
    Sorry this has not been fixes as the buddypress activity filter query does not have any option to filter our the activities based on multiple primary ids .
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Instructor can see all activity of site’ is closed to new replies.