Issue on course translation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Issue on course translation

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Hi, I have set up the course on English website and copied it to Chinese website by WPML plugin. Instead of setting two same courses on the websites, can I just set up one course for both websites?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well im sorry this is not possible with wplms with wpml as of now . you have to create both versions of course in different languages .
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Hi, I have tried to set up "Course Status" in the "Setting" -> "Buddypress" -> "Pages" ->"Course" in English version. Then I worked with the same process in the Chinese version. After I saved it, I found that the setting in English version changed to "None". It seems that the setting is unavailable to both of the languages. When it is set for one language, it is impossible to set it for another language. Please fix it. Meanwhile, I have used the function "Overwrite with English content" for the translation on Course Status page. Is it suitable or not? Please help to check.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay please simply set the course status page in your main language whether its English or Chinese . Then simply create a Chinese version of the course status page using wpml (+) icon in all courses page in wp-admin. There is no need to set any pages for other languages if you have pages with wpml in other languages . this will be automatically adjusted in wplms .
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Hi, There are two courses set up in English and Chinese respectively. At first, the course in English is working normally. The quiz and the certificate units in English version have no problem. However, there is some problem in the Chinese version. After I click "Start Course" in Chinese page, it should be directed to the quiz which is in Chinese version. But it is directed to the quiz in English (original language). Please help to check it.
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well with wpml basically you need to create individual versions of pages ,post ,units ,questions,quizzes etc in each language. so for your course in Chinese you have to set and create new units,quizzes,question which will be in Chinese . right now what's happening in your site that for your Chinese course the units that are set are in English .You need to create Chinese version of them in backend and then select those units in course curriculum .
    ptah-hk
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue on course translation’ is closed to new replies.